Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

xUKHCx

Administrator emeritus
Jan 15, 2006
The Kop
The poll isn't working that well for me. I really can't be arsed to copy all the links myself.

dcv

macrumors G3
May 24, 2005
The poll isn't working that well for me. I really can't be arsed to copy all the links myself.

Exactly what I was thinking... is there a page with all the logos on and a description of what the logo is actually for?

techlover828

macrumors 68020
Jun 28, 2007
Maine

i did, I like this one:

logo5zd3.jpg

ac-mac

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 9, 2007
England
sorry, i couldnt find a poll maker which would let me add thumbnails, so i did it this way. the logo is for a thing called young enterprise, which is basically a project for sixth form/college in the uk. you have to set up your own company, and sell your own goods. our company has decided to sell various items that are all related to identity/personalisation (ie name plates, personalised clothes/personalised mugs etc).

techlover828

macrumors 68020
Jun 28, 2007
Maine
sorry, i couldnt find a poll maker which would let me add thumbnails, so i did it this way. the logo is for a thing called young enterprise, which is basically a project for sixth form/college in the uk. you have to set up your own company, and sell your own goods. our company has decided to sell various items that are all related to identity/personalisation (ie name plates, personalised clothes/personalised mugs etc).

just post the pics here in the right order.

bartelby

macrumors Core
Jun 16, 2004
4 - 6 are pretty awful to be honest. They look like something from a kid's comic.

MorzillA

macrumors 6502
May 16, 2007
Miami
From a designers point....

I'd like to see more....these are not bad, but they could be better.

The first two look decent but the fonts on the company tag collide with the rest of the image, rework the Companys name and the tag as well fontwise make sure it blends well with the logo.

Kill the third one, it does nothing but confuse the viewer. Your logo should communicate what the company does/is. Think of fast food restaurants, BK for example. two buns and the Co. name in red to resemble patties.
BurgerKingLogo.jpg

the fourth one, quirky, rather simple but sometimes simple is good!

Rework the fifth and sixth one, there's something there, keep looking/working on it untill you find it.

Good luck with the school project!!!

:apple:

AlexisV

macrumors 68000
Mar 12, 2007
Manchester, UK
I think 1 and 2 have the most potential, but the sizes are off.

At the moment the big yellow disc is pushing the name and the strapline into submission. The strapline text is too small too - I can hardly read it, so it will be far too tiny when you need to to scale it down even further.

How about some variations on the basic idea of 1 and 2? Different fonts and scaling for example.

Maybe leave the plastic effect. Leave it til the end; you might find it's not even necessary.

xUKHCx

Administrator emeritus
Jan 15, 2006
The Kop
I was too lazy to copy the links... but I could write a response... the irony

well id all ready opened a reply window before looking at the link so it really wasn't that much effort to quickly type a bit of text rather than lots of mousing around and copying and pasting.

ac-mac

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 9, 2007
England
i took a bit of everyones advice and came up with this.
logof1gd9.jpg

I am not too sure about the blue line, but that was the best I could come up with. The fonts seem to be fine, although the big D looks slighlty odd.

Thanks for all the feedback.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.