Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

henrikrox

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 3, 2010
Hello

So I'm really on the fence if I need the new Apple Watch or not, or I know I dont need it. But I'm trying to justify its purchase.

Im a student, so money is okayish. I can afford it no problem. But it could be saved for other things. Or just saved.

Now i have an iPhone 6 Plus, and a macbook pro retina 15". The "problem" I see with the Apple watch is that I dont use my phone a lot. I just use it for messaging or calls. Im like an old guy, i have limited apps, and dont use it as much.

Since the Apple Watch seems like an extension of the Phone, i dunno if i will use it after a few days.

Also, since its so long after the release, i dunno if I should wait for gen 2. That is probably many months away, but usually Apple products are so much better when the second generation comes around (i.e iPhone, iPad etc).

I kinda think the new Apple Watch Sport Gold looks nice, the one with the blue strap. Anyone have it and can say anything about it, its either that or the Apple Sport Black, but it looks kinda bland. Dunno.

greytmom

macrumors 68040
Jun 23, 2010
Ok, I'm going to make a couple of comments here. First, I have owned every first generation phone, iPod, iPad and now watch, and have loved them all. Don't be so quick to assume that there is no value to getting in on the first generation.

Second, you can try the Apple Watch risk free for two weeks. That way you can decide for yourself if it is a worthwhile purchase for you.

Reactions: jef82 and fox1401

fox1401

macrumors regular
Sep 8, 2015
If you don't use your iPhone a lot, then maybe you should save your money. upgrading to 6s plus seems more useful for you. However, I would suggest you spend some time exploring the phone before you make final decision, since a lot of apps could make life more easier (for students, i would suggest iStudiez Pro).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.