Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Dfndr90

macrumors regular
Nov 27, 2006
No, but it screams you have $350 for a laptop bag... Wow.

Wow, I am glad I did not mention I also use a Y-3 Messenger bag for the BlackBook. That one is pricier, and much harder to find. I use a Timbuk2 for my work laptop, and Crumpler for my camera bags. But sometimes, you have to treat yourself and your Mac good.

Matt...

Snide

macrumors 6502a
Apr 12, 2005
I own this. It's the small loft bag from STM. It's perfect for your Macbook sizewise.

stm_loft_sml_chclt_ornge.jpg

I bought it from a site for $44.

I have been considering this bag. Do you know how it compares to the STM Alley?
Also, where did you get it that cheap? The best price I've seen is $54 delivered.

Craigy Boy

macrumors member
Dec 27, 2006
England
I'm after a crumpler school hymn case for a macbook pro (my mate has one for his 12inch iBook and swears by them). Can't seem to find them on any UK sites though. however here are a lot of 15 inch ones, but descibe themselves for the powerbook. Looking at the dimensions i don't think those cases will fit a macbook pro. Any ideas where I can get one from? If not, any american sites that ship to the UK pretty cheaply?

Cheers

Craig

Craigy Boy

macrumors member
Dec 27, 2006
England
Really like the look of the huzzk case. How do they perform? I just want somethin that protects the macbook pro really well and doesn't make it that much bigger. I've found the huzzk on ebay, anywhere else sell them? (couldn't find an add to basket or price on that official site)

00hkelly

macrumors 6502
Nov 15, 2006
its got a good rubber outside with the tyre texture wich looks VERY good in the flesh, the inside is neoprene/wetsuit material the zips are as good as any crumpler bag i have and around them is a good sturdy fabric. the bag is made very well and seems sturdy and good quality. i just have this bag inside my crumpler messenger bag with all my other stuff. in each corner on the inside is a diagonal piece of elastic which allows you to keep the bag attached to the laptop if you want to use the lappy on your knees for example and dont want the case flying everywhere. the zip covers 3 sides but doesnt go right to the edge of the 4th, i think this is for ventilation when you are using it with the mbp in it as it leavs a slight gap for the fans. soz no pics as am busy.
you can get them on ebay or go tohttp://www.itoyzstore.com

IFBrock

macrumors newbie
Nov 24, 2005
Step 1 - Go to eBags.

Step 2 - Get a Timbuk2 or a Manhattan Portage.

Step 3 - You Win!

Snide

macrumors 6502a
Apr 12, 2005
I have been considering this bag. Do you know how it compares to the STM Alley?
Also, where did you get it that cheap? The best price I've seen is $54 delivered.

stm_loft_sml_chclt_ornge.jpg

Just picked one up from the STM folks at Macworld SF for $45.00 with no tax.
Nice bag!

valdore

macrumors 65816
Jan 9, 2007
Kansas City, Missouri. USA
I bought the super neato Swiss Army backpack at my nearest Apple store, so that I could ride around on my bicycle and take my laptop with me. I can't recall specifics on the price but I think it was at least $60 or $70 -- but it's worth it for a good build quality in the bag. I've run through so many crappy, el cheapo backpacks that end up with broken zippers, that I got tired of it. It's something I don't use just solely for toting my laptop, but for books, my SLR camera, et cetera.

rdp5008

macrumors regular
Jun 23, 2006
Florida
I have a Crumpler Part and Parcel for a 15" laptop that I've used only a few times. Like brand new, $145 msrp. Let me know if you are interested.

-Russell

showtime

macrumors 6502
May 10, 2007
The zeroshock III from elecom. It's thin and sleek and offers great protection. Plus it comes in flavors of white and black so you can match with your macbook if you like. I got mine for about $35 shipped

121133zeroshock3white2zy6.jpg
b6ca1jpgpm3.jpg

jdiddy

macrumors member
Mar 2, 2005
Los Angeles, CA
Love this Incase bag. It functions as a bag and as a sleeve. The strap is removable so you can toss this bag inside of another. The interior of the bag itself is a very soft material to help against scratches.
lm_incase_black_sleeve_altview.jpg

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.