1. Welcome to the new MacRumors forums. See our announcement and read our FAQ

Help My Mac Is Dead!!!!!

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by TyleRomeo, Oct 7, 2003.

1. macrumors 6502a

alright, so im running 10.2.8 the second edition on a dual 1.25 G4. i go to start my mac and after having the hard drive run and processor pumping away, they stop working. when i put in the mac hardware repair disk, it says the hard drives and ram are all ok. when i put in the OSX install disk and run disk utility it says my IBM hard drive with OSX isntalled in it says it isnt mounted. When i hold down the option key it states that OSX is on the IBM hard drive and when i press to start up with the disk the apple logo just spins and spins. Please i need some advice.

Tyler

2. macrumors 6502a

Re: Help My Mac Is Dead!!!!!

ok so now i loaded OSX onto my second hard drive but the first is still missing according to OSX 10.2, how can i get OSX to read my hard drive, basically how do you mount a drive?

should I attach it to a different ATA channel.

Tyler

3. macrumors 6502a

Balin64

Try Disk Warrior

It is possible your HD is having major failure/ Disk Warrior 3.0 may fix it. Stay away from Norton. Man, that sucks. I almost want to post a Disk Warrior to my .mac to help you out... it it wasn't "illegal" I would. I am sure that if it fixed your drive you would buy it... oh well. Good Luck.

4. macrumors newbie

Solution

I had this problem some time ago..my bootable hard drive wouldnt mount (as I could see from the firewire drive). So I opened the hatch of the G4 and just fixed the hard drive cable into the logic board connector a little snug..that was it. As soon as I rebooted..it was fine. Try it out..with the power plug disconnected..tighten the cable a bit for the hard drive..and power it up.