Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Sweetfeld28

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 10, 2003
Buckeye Country, O-H
I am currently at work, and my CSR Rep, ask for my help on a Clients design.

Heres the info as i know it:

The design is of some championship years and players. It has, what we think is the, Collegiate Font. But for some reason it looks like it was Text Effect, that was maybe done in Corel Draw or something.

Anyway, we can't figure out how they might have done it. We both think that it wasn't and Embossed font because, the shadows and highlights on the edges, would have been flattened [not sure if thats how to describe it].

Does anyone, happen to know how this might have been created? We tried to contact the former printer, but we have now learned that they are no longer in business.

Is there a Text Effects program that could do this, or a plug-in that would do the same sort of effect?

Here is a closeup of what i am talking about:

Sweetfeld28

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 10, 2003
Buckeye Country, O-H
Heres the image:

Attachments

• Picture 1.png
    Picture 1.png
    331.2 KB · Views: 71

Sweetfeld28

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 10, 2003
Buckeye Country, O-H
That was my original thought at our meeting. I would of tired it out in PS but the computer i was working on today doesn't have a PS installed, so i ended up trying it out with the 3D Effect in Illustrator CS.

It seemed to work out close enough, i just need to find the same font, with out the outlines, and spend more time playing with it.

Thanks for the reply/help.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.