Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macdesire

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 26, 2005
Got a new iMac:D So far it a really cool...

Anyway: Where to start? I installed a program that came with my nikon camera - Picture Project v1.1. It was working but said a updat was available. Down loaded this to make it v1.6.1. However the update killed of the applicationa and it wouldn't start. Out of desperation I chucked the nikon applications folder in the trash and emptied the trash??? I thought I would install v1.1 over the top. However when I try to do this, the installer says I can't do that a newer verion 1.6.1 is installed. Argh

Clearly I don't know how to uninstall programs. Heeelp

janey

macrumors 603
Dec 20, 2002
sunny los angeles
In general dumping the app in the trash deletes it, but a lot of programs leave miscellaneous files lying here and there.

Do a spotlight search for Nikon and delete whatever comes up. There'll probably be a few folders, a few files in /Users/yourusername/Library/Preferences/ and whatnot, and then try again.

hookahco

macrumors regular
first of all.. its Mac. you might get flamed for writing MAC
now as for the app, trashing everything associated with the app will usually do it but some apps come with an uninstaller program.
EDIT: i was beat by one minute.. sorry.

macdesire

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 26, 2005
I will remember that - Mac

Busy removing all bits and bobs spotlight finds

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.