Resolved Help - phone stuck on connect to itunes logo

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by 3bs, May 11, 2012.

1. 3bs, May 11, 2012
    Last edited: May 11, 2012

3bs
    macrumors 603

3bs

I was going to restore my 4S from to 5.0.1 using the new redsn0w. I'm already on 5.0.1. I picked 5.0.1 and 5.1.1 ipsw files but when I select my shsh it says it doesn't match my ipsw build. I tried both the 9a405 and 9a406 but neither worked. I tried locally. Then I tried from cydia but it said none could be found. Anyway, I unplugged my phone but it keeps saying connect to itunes. I think this is DFU mode? how do I get out of it?

I had already verified my shsh and apticket files so not sure why this happened. Right now my main concern is getting my phone to work.

2. macrumors 6502a

ZCherub

If it says "connect to iTunes", you're not in DFU mode. Try following the steps for DFU mode again once connected to the computer.

Sorry to hear - I remember you said you were in the middle of finals or something...

3. 3bs
    thread starter macrumors 603

3bs

Yeah first and hardest final is in 2 days. Not the best time to be doing this.

I tried getting DFU mode and redsn0w could identify my device as being in DFU (recovery). I unplugged my phone and tried booting it and it booted. What did I do wrong? Why did it kept saying my shsh files aren't compatible with the ipsw build I picked? and it said no shsh files when I picked cydia instead of local.

4. macrumors 6502a

ZCherub

That is odd... Have you tried saving your blobs manually in RedSn0w? That's what I always do.

Did you check your blobs in RedSn0w before starting this process? You should get a pop-up with a yellow alert and a pineapple logo saying that blobs and APTicket were found, or something to that effect...

5. 3bs

3bs

SUCCESS!

I've just downgraded from 5.0.1 back to 5.0.1. I'm going to rejailbreak soon.

6. macrumors 6502a

ZCherub

Well - what happened? What did you do? Any idea what went wrong? It would be good to post here for future reference...

7. macrumors 68000

Kyotoma

I get the feeling he wasn't really in DFU. RedSn0w will say you're in DFU. Not Recovery.

8. 3bs

3bs

No honestly I'm not sure. First time I tried using my stored blobs from TU which I had verified with redsn0w but they weren't accepted. I couldn't try fetching from Cydia cause I wasn't connected to the internet. This time I fetched from Cydia and they worked.

9. macrumors 6502a

ZCherub

That was my initial thought as well. I did that once back in my 4.1/Greenpois0n days. Stuck on iTunes logo for a few hours while I sorted it out. Scared the crap outta me because I thought I totally messed the phone up, lol!

10. 3bs

3bs

Not sure but so glad it's sorted now!

Haha yeah I was freaking out for a bit. First time downgrading. :p

11. macrumors 68000

Kyotoma

Hah. I totally screwed my phone up because I let an installation package uninstall the Corona 5.0.1 Untether, which is a big no-no once it's installed. Had to go without my iPhone for a full work day because it was in an infinite respring loop. Ugh. Worst day ever. DFU restore and reJailbreak fixed it though. I guess I could have used iFunBox to manually install the Corona package but that would have been tedious. Plus I was at work and had other more important things to do.

12. macrumors 68000

nwmtnbiker

13. 3bs

3bs

Thanks, so am I :p

The 1-2 second lag I had between pressing the home/wake button in the lock screen and when the screen actually lighted up is now gone! :D (this was my main reason for wanting to restore) I've installed most of the things I had prior to restoring. Haven't installed WinterBoard yet. I hope it wasn't it. I'm going themeless for a while. When I get bored I'll install it again and see if it was causing it.