Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Methionine

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 7, 2008
Ok, here's the problem.

In order to connect to the wireless network at work, after it registers as connected, I go to Safari, and the first page that pops up is Terms and Agreement. I hit Agree. And I am connected. From then on, I can use all the functions on the iPod touch that requires the internet - Safari, Weather, Stocks, Maps, etc. Everything BUT MAIL - the one I need the most. When I hit on Mail, the little Icon will keep turning and turning until it says "Update failed" but it will never update my mail. I can, however, go to Safari, manually sign on to my email there, and retrieve email there. So my connection isn't a problem. It just seems that Mail doesn't recognize that my connection is fine. The problem is, I can't view attachment if I open mail from Safari, and the reply etc process is much more complicated. So I would really really like to be able to use Mail itself to get my emails. How do I do this?

Thanks so much for your help!!!!

Methionine

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 7, 2008
Information Added

I would like to add that I use GMAIL, and that I have been using GMAIL at other WIFI spots, and Mail can download that just fine - just not in this kind of network. I did speak to ITS at work, and they had no idea - they said there shouldn't be any problem.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.