Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bigbird

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 17, 2007
Canada
G4 733 D/A , 10.4.11. This morning there was a few second power failure according to my wife. Ther G4 shut down from the power failure. I didn't have "restart after power failure" selected in the Energy Saver prefs. I restarted the G4 when zi got home and after I was done with it, selected SLEEP from the menu. The G4 wouldn't respond to sleep. I logged out and tried SLEEP from another user acc't and from the login screen. I then went into the Energy Saver prefs, made sure everything was as I wanted ( 5 min display sleep, 10 min HD sleep, and "put disk to sleep whenever possible". I then rebooted and sleep still wouldn't function. Suggestions please. The G4 is on an Airport Extreme network which functions normally.

bigbird

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 17, 2007
Canada
Sleep Fixed!

Thinking about the problem, I deducted that perhaps some internal system settings got screwed up from the brief power outage and possible surge on power being brought back on. I zapped the PRAM and did a power management reset and now all is well again.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.