Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DaftUnion

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 22, 2005
Wisconsin
Ok, I have an iMac G5 20" with X.4.2, with the most recent version of Quicktime (7.0.3). I was trying to watch the special event from a day ago on the Apple site, but everytime I click "watch now" or whatever the button is named on Apple's site, the Quicktime app opens up...and the blue dots with the line going back and forth (animation) just keeps going back and forth like it's loading, but nothing ever happens! What's more frustrating is that my Windows piece-of-crap computer even runs this no problem (opens instantly after I click on the "watch now" button) with Quicktime. Any suggestions on how to fix this? It's annoying when you buy an over 2000 dollar machine, and it can't run a simple streaming broadcast, and a 5 year old windows junker runs it fine. :mad:

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

paddy

macrumors 6502a
Jun 25, 2005
TN
Im running a g4 imac and I recently upgraded form Quicktime 7.0 to 7.0.3 and am also having problems viewing Apples webcast. It comes up on the screen fine for the first minute or so but then there are big gaps between audio and video, pauses of more then a minute and sometimes complete stalls, I'm pretty sure its not my line I've got a 1mb broadband connection, any ideas as to the problem or solution?

DaftUnion

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 22, 2005
Wisconsin
I seriously think it might be an error with the upgrade...I don't know though. Movie previews download fine if you want to view them from the web, (and permissions are all checked and all) but this Apple special event doesn't seem to work. I guess I'll just try the suggestion above, but since I already upgraded to QuickTime Pro, I just don't want to lose that setting if I delete the plist file.

mad jew

Moderator emeritus
Apr 3, 2004
Adelaide, Australia
DaftUnion said:
I guess I'll just try the suggestion above, but since I already upgraded to QuickTime Pro, I just don't want to lose that setting if I delete the plist file.

I don't think it'd affect the Pro registration but make sure you have a copy of your code all the same. :)

MisterMe

macrumors G4
Jul 17, 2002
USA
mad jew said:
I don't think it'd affect the Pro registration but make sure you have a copy of your code all the same. :)
FWIW, you can always find your QT registration code under your account on Apple's website.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.