Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mugmama44

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 27, 2023
Hi all, first time being able to get a new iPhone in a couple of years; debating the iPhone 14 plus or the 15 plus. Having held both in my hands in the Apple store, I preferred the feel of the 14 for some reason. The colours put me off the 15, I am normally a plain white iPhone person! But the difference in the contract price is £3 per month so should I get the newest model? Is there that much difference in them? (currently have an iPhone 11) thank you! :)

BugeyeSTI

macrumors 604
Aug 19, 2017
Arizona/Illinois
Hi all, first time being able to get a new iPhone in a couple of years; debating the iPhone 14 plus or the 15 plus. Having held both in my hands in the Apple store, I preferred the feel of the 14 for some reason. The colours put me off the 15, I am normally a plain white iPhone person! But the difference in the contract price is £3 per month so should I get the newest model? Is there that much difference in them? (currently have an iPhone 11) thank you! :)
15+ definitely has features and improvements not available on the 14+.. For the cost difference, why wouldn't you get the newer device?

janeauburn

macrumors 65816
Nov 22, 2015
I have both the iPhone 14+ and the iPhone 15+. Honestly, I prefer holding the 14+ because it is a bit thinner, and I notice that. Otherwise, though, I prefer the 15+ because it has a better camera and a newer chip, and I notice those things. Both phones are outstanding. I have kept the 14+ and use it as a music player and a back up phone. The 14+ I really love, though. Wish the camera on it were better.

Jay Tee

macrumors regular
Mar 17, 2023

Long Term 15 Plus benefits​

• Screen
  • Battery
    • 80% limit charging => Battery Health longevity
    • A16 Chip => a bit better battery life
  • Body
    • New edges, more comfortable to hold
    • Narrower body, 77.8 vs 78.1 mm
    • Lighter, 7.09 vs 7.16 oz
  • Processor Systems
    • Newer A16 Chip => a bit longer support
    • U2, updated UWB chip
  • Lower Radiation
    • 15 Plus: 1.01 W/kg (head) 1.12 W/kg (body)
    • 14 Plus: 1.14 W/kg (head) 1.15 W/kg (body)

Toys, ie. nice for me to have but not important​

• Dynamic Island
  • Marginally better camera system

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.