Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

WannaApple?

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 9, 2008
Wondering if someone can help me. I have a DVD that I've been trying to rip so I can put on my iphone. These are the steps I have taken:

1) Put DVD in drive and AnyDVD starts. The screen on AnyDVD says:
"Summary for drive D: (AnyDVD 6.4.6.2)
SONY DVD+-RW DW-Q58A UDS2 2006/03/19 17:56
Drive (Hardware) Region: 1

Media is a DVD.
Booktype: dvd-rom (version 1), Layers: 2 (opposite)
Size of first Layer: 1621856 sectors (3167 MBytes)
Total size: 2909810 sectors (5683 MBytes)

Video DVD (or CD) label: ELTON_JOHN
Media is not CSS protected.
Video Standard: NTSC
Media is locked to region(s): 1!

RCE protection not found.
Structural copy protection not found.
Autorun not found on Video DVD.
Bad sector protection not found.
Emulating RPC-2 drive with region 1!

2. I dont get notification that it is complete, however after it spinning for at least an hour or so, I open up Handbrake.

3. Click Browse and select the Video_TS folder on the DVD and click Ok, but I get a No Titles Found error.

I've tried this with 2 seperate DVDs so far, and neither will work. What am I doing wrong? Is AnyDVD supposed to say what it does above? Or is it supposed to let me know when its done?

I guess I dont know enough about how it works...am I supposed to select another folder on my computer maybe within Handbrake?

Can someone please help? I only have 2 weeks left in my AnyDVD trial and I only have 3 DVDs I want to rip, so I dont want to pay for a full version. Thanks!

davidleon

macrumors member
Nov 5, 2006
AnyDVD is a Windows application. Therefore, whatever you're ripping with AnyDVD must be transferred over to your Mac partition if you're using Boot Camp, or transfered to your Mac via your shared folder if you're using Parallels or Fusion.

Okay, ripping with AnyDVD is easy. Double-click the AnyDVD icon to launch the application. Then, when the AnyDVD icon appears in the Windows Taskbar, right-click the AnyDVD icon in the taskbar and select "Rip DVD Video to harddisk."

You'll have to transfer the resulting VIDEO_TS folder to your Mac, as I mentioned above. Then, use VisualHub or ffmpegX to get the VIDEO_TS folder into an iPhone-compatible format.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.