Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

boohoowoofoo

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 28, 2007
Hi guys! I am wanting to reprint all the pieces of my portflio. At school when i use acrobat pro, I have a setting to put epson premium presentation paper (the kind of paper I use to print work). I also have a setting to print quality over speed, which makes the printing a whole lot slower but it looks best.

Now I am printing at home. I have adobe acrobat x (not pro). At school we had version 9 and it was pro so had those settings. Now that I am using x and it isnt pro, I dont see a setting for quality over speed. I also dont see a setting for certain epson paper.

Could it be a driver issue? Is it because I am not using acrobat pro? Or is it because this is version 10 and I need 9?

Thank you guys for any help you can provide :)

boohoowoofoo

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 28, 2007
to clarify (because I tend to type a lot):

I want to find the epson premium print settings in adobe acrobat (they are gone now that I do not use acrobat pro from school.

Thank you guys!

jampat

macrumors 6502a
Mar 17, 2008
Those type of settings are typically part of a printer driver. I am assuming your home printer and school printer are different, that could be your problem.

As a start, what printer is at home, and what is at school (ie if you have an HP printer at home, missing the Epson page setup is unsurprising).

boohoowoofoo

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 28, 2007
Those type of settings are typically part of a printer driver. I am assuming your home printer and school printer are different, that could be your problem.

As a start, what printer is at home, and what is at school (ie if you have an HP printer at home, missing the Epson page setup is unsurprising).

I figured it out,

I guess my epson printer drivers suppost acrobat 9 and not 10.

The settings are back to normal when I installed 9.

Thank you guys anyway! :D

Consultant

macrumors G5
Jun 27, 2007
"setting for certain epson paper" could be manually added.

It's called printer calibration or downloading the paper / printer profile.

Printer profile is usually available only for high end printers, not cheap home printers.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.