Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

timidhermit

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 6, 2011
I know most users want an iPad/iPhone Calendar to sync with all the other calendar apps, including the native Calendar app on the iDevice.

I have the opposite needs. I am in search of an app that has the option of keeping its OWN calendar that DOES NOT merge with the native Cal app on the device (so that I can decide if I want to merge or not).

I looked at some popular apps, such as Week Cal and Informant, but I can't tell if they have the option of keeping separate calendars? Can someone give me some advice on this?

DefBref

macrumors 6502
Feb 26, 2011
Not sure what you exactly mean, but I have three calendars setup on my ipad, and yes the native app displays them, but it doesn't merge them, I can pick and choose which calendar to use and display, whether its all of them or just one or two. None of these calendars are actually the 'on the ipad' calendar rather they are all exchange accounts, so I can access them outside of the ipad.

I could even if I want not display in the native app, but still access them via safari on gmail or other web interfaces.

I'm really struggling to understand what your trying to achieve.

timidhermit

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 6, 2011
My intent is to have a calendar that keeps ALL calendar data separate from the main native calendar app. I don't use Exchange or another online app to sync any of the calendars, so the situation differs entirely from that of your setup.

In other words, is there a calendar app that is BLINDED to the data stored on the native calendar app (and vice vesra)?

DefBref

macrumors 6502
Feb 26, 2011
Right got it!

Sorry I don't know, but using a exchange calendar would get round what you want.

The other question would be why? But thats just me being nosey so you don't have to answer that :)

roadrider

macrumors newbie
Apr 23, 2010
Pocket Informant

I've used pocket informant since it came out on an ipaq. I now use it on my ipad and iphone. You have the option to sync it with ical but its not required. I do sync it with mobileme. It just gives me another backup. I do it thru my imac ical. It's not hard to set up. I use online google cal to sync with informant, which is free. I needed a cal that has text in the weekly view. It has it. I also wanted text in the monthly view. It has that also. I love this app. Its the best cal app ive ever seen. My wife and my kids use it also and we share our cals. Its way ahead of ical. Its an incredible cal app. On the ipad its even better than the iphone version.

Last edited:

timidhermit

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 6, 2011
I just purchased Pocket Informant. It is very comprehensive but also too overwhelming for my needs.

Any other suggestion? Again, I need a calendar app that MUST NOT MERGE the calendar data inside the app with calendar data for the native calendar app so the two can be kept separate.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.