Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cytoxyn

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 12, 2009
Corning, NY
I reconsolidated my itunes library and now i have like up to 4 or five copies of the same some. Is there a way to fix this? Please help:confused::mad:

jmann

macrumors 604
Choose "show duplicates", and delete them like crazy. :)

Attachments

• Picture 2.png
    Picture 2.png
    78.9 KB · Views: 50

LizKat

macrumors 604
Aug 5, 2004
Catskill Mountains
Hate to further complicate your day but there's also the possibility that you need to check which ones are in playlists that you care about.

You do that by holding down the control key and clicking on the track and moving down the contextual menu that pops up until you see Show in Playlist and to the right of that the playlist names, if any.

You might see five playlists shown. Then you should check some of the other tracks and maybe delete them instead of this one that's hooked into so many of your playlists.

Unless you don't care. Or unless Doug's Scripts have something to help you sort out which ones can be ditched without checking, I did not think to check into that.

I learned all this stuff the hard way. I am now very careful at the outset to avoid adding duplicates, because it's hellish repointing songs to get all playlists linked to ONE of the duplicates.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.