Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Grasbak

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 17, 2006
UK
A friend has order a new iMac and I am trying to track it for her.....

I have a carrier tracking number. The assigned carrier says "UK Distribution Center"

How can I track this?

She has also bought a printer at the same time, and, the iMac is a built to order option (larger HDD) incase this matters......

thanks

liketom

macrumors 601
Apr 8, 2004
Lincoln,UK
looks to be at the main hub , noramlly if it get's there before 4am it's out for delivery by 6.30am - but if it's waiting for another parcel to meet up with it it will stay at the main hun until the other('s) get there then sent out for delivery

Father Jack

macrumors 68020
Jan 1, 2007
Ireland
The web site will give the estimated date of delivery.

Eventually it will give the name of the company who will deliver it and when you see those "magic words" OUT FOR DELIVERY you know your computer will be delivered that day. :) :)

I just got my Mac Pro two weeks ago ... happy days :cool:

FJ

Grasbak

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 17, 2006
UK
Thats great news!

Eveyone seems to track theirs from shanghai - I thought it would still be over there!! So she could well get delivery in the next day or so. Cool!

Thanks

Father Jack

macrumors 68020
Jan 1, 2007
Ireland
Estimated as in they make that date up ! i have never had a delivery from apple (computer anyway) that's been deliverd on there estimated date.

Can you tell i'm waiting for my Apple TV BTW:rolleyes:

I agree that the estimated delivery date can sometimes be a bit optimistic but the estimated delivery for my Mac Pro was Monday 19 march and it actually arrived on Thursday 15 ..... thats 4 days early. I wouldn't have known to remain at home that day except that when I checked the web site it said "Out For Delivery"

I hope your Apple TV arrives soon :)

FJ

gavd

macrumors 6502a
Jan 30, 2006
I agree that the estimated delivery date can sometimes be a bit optimistic but the estimated delivery for my Mac Pro was Monday 19 march and it actually arrived on Thursday 15 ..... thats 4 days early. I wouldn't have known to remain at home that day except that when I checked the web site it said "Out For Delivery"

I hope your Apple TV arrives soon :)

FJ

I'm another who was lucky to get something early. My MBP arrived yesterday, when it wasn't supposed to arrive until Thursday. My AppleTV should arrive on Friday according to my estimated date, but we'll see what happens.

Father Jack

macrumors 68020
Jan 1, 2007
Ireland
I'm another who was lucky to get something early. My MBP arrived yesterday, when it wasn't supposed to arrive until Thursday. My AppleTV should arrive on Friday according to my estimated date, but we'll see what happens.
Isn't it nice to be pleasantly surprised :)

Hope your Apple TV arrives sooner rather than later.

FJ

gavd

macrumors 6502a
Jan 30, 2006
Isn't it nice to be pleasantly surprised :)

Hope your Apple TV arrives sooner rather than later.

FJ

Sure is! Especially because I was going to have to take a day of work to be at home for it, but as it came yesterday my Fiancee was there to sign for it! :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.