Help: What are these called, and where can i find them?

Discussion in 'Design and Graphics' started by Sweetfeld28, Dec 29, 2006.

  1. macrumors 65816


    Ok, basically i am trying to recreate one of my old designs, and wanted to have some of those scripty looking things in the design. I am however, not able to find them anywhere do to the fact i do not know what they are called.

    Does anyone know where i can download some, or if they are part of a Font? Here is a picture of what i am talking about:

    Attached Files:

  2. Moderator emeritus

    They're usually known as (printer's) ornaments and yes, there are a quite a few collections out there. Have a rummage through Google.
  3. macrumors 65816


    Thanks, BlueVelvet. I feel retarded that i couldn't remember what they were called, but thanks for your help.

  4. macrumors member

    Also known to be referred to by some as "dingbats".

    More than likely, you've already got one set; Zapf Dingbats. Possibly more if you've ever landed free fonts with some Adobe application or other; Woodtype Ornaments 1 and 2.

  5. macrumors newbie

    oh my goodness. I was totally gonna ask the same question here yesterday! hahaha
  6. Moderator emeritus

    Technically, dingbats are different, but I'm not going to argue the point. :)
  7. macrumors member

    Heh heh... That's why I used the discrete "referred to by some". I didn't want to let my type geek off his leash. :D
  8. macrumors 65816


    If you already created them, why not create them again?
  9. macrumors 65816


    I did not create them. The ones in the OP pic is from a layout design i found on the web. The picture who just to give you an idea what i was trying to describe or was looking for.

Share This Page