Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Lilyadilly

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 24, 2004
LALA
Why does this have to be so difficult???

I have a lovely new PwerBook G4 - totally happy with!!!!

I also have a somewhat less lovely new SonyEricsson T616 mobile phone with a cingular account specifically purchased to use as a bluetooth modem.... as Cingular and Sony promissed.

I have paid for the $75 month unlimited Wireless Internet Express through Cingular, who promisses up to 100k speeds.

Does anyone know where I can find a step by step set-up instructions to make my Sony phone work with my MAC computer through Cingular? It is difficult to get a straight answer from one of these companies that agrees with the other 2.

Is anyone else having these problems, or am I just an idiot?

You would really make my day.... year if you could help! I have been trying to work this out for almost a month! UGH

abhishekit

macrumors 65816
Nov 6, 2003
akron , ohio
ok..try this, if you havent yet, then first pair your phone with the pb. system prefernces-bluetooth., you will get a dialogue box .it wd be easy..
open internet connect its in finder-applications.
then select bluetooth from the top line, then it wd ask for a phonenumber ,user name and password. This phoen number would be that of your ISP..
and you should be all set.
cheers

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.