Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

NAG

macrumors 68030
Aug 6, 2003
/usr/local/apps/nag
I remember back on the macaddict forums someone had a similar situation and decided it was a good idea to put it in an oven to speed up the drying process.

Burnt the heck out of it.

So yeah, do what Lau said if you're still here.

MacDawg

Moderator emeritus
Mar 20, 2004
"Between the Hedges"
Well, it hås been two dåys of drying out (plus the few dåys prior to his initiål posting of the problem)... I wonder if our friend ever got his issue resolved?

Woof, Woof - Dåwg
pawprint.gif

kendog3

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 24, 2008
Tåking it to the Måc store this morning. I will let everyone know how this turns out.

jaikob

macrumors 6502
Jul 1, 2008
Freeland, MI
next time, buy some distilled water, and 70% isopropyl alcohol (Go To Grocery Store, and it should be by the rubbing alcohol).

Get an old spray bottle, and clean the heck out of it with water and washer detergent(Doesn't Foam).

Fill the container with 50 - 70% distilled water, and the rest with the alcohol.

Get a 100% cotton cloth, or a microfiber cloth.

Spray the solution directly onto the cloth, not too much though. And lightly brush the keyboard with the cloth.

Clean :)

alphaod

macrumors Core
Feb 9, 2008
NYC
Sounds like you shorted something, so take it to the store and have it checked out if it still doesn't work after you dry it.

EDIT: Looks like the OP is already doing that.

kendog3

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 24, 2008
Got my computer back today. It was a short, they repaired it and installed a new keyboard, it was still under warranty so it was free. Would have cost me $202. Thanks to everyone who helped me out!

MacDawg

Moderator emeritus
Mar 20, 2004
"Between the Hedges"
Got my computer back today. It was a short, they repaired it and installed a new keyboard, it was still under warranty so it was free. Would have cost me $202. Thanks to everyone who helped me out!

You have my sincere and humble apology... as promised
Glad you got it resolved

Woof, Woof - Dawg
pawprint.gif

kendog3

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 24, 2008
No problem! Thanks for everyone's help! Get ready for my Gamecocks to kick some butt in the SEC this year.

MacDawg

Moderator emeritus
Mar 20, 2004
"Between the Hedges"
No problem! Thanks for everyone's help! Get ready for my Gamecocks to kick some butt in the SEC this year.

Start fast, fade down the stretch... that's your M-O through the years!
Just take care of those Gators and Vols and I'll be happy to let you finish 2nd!

Woof, Woof - Dawg
pawprint.gif

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.