Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Unconsoled

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 20, 2005
Rain City WA
I am having an issue with Safari on my MBA. It seems to get stuck with a few sites and then after I hit them up it is slow for everything. I have my regular routine of sites I go to. When I go to Si.com it slows way down, almost like dial up. I didn't have this problem with my 12" PB and my wife doesn't have the same problem on her 12" PB. After I go to si.com everything slows down. Even sites I went to before going there slows down.

I know, I know the solution is to not go there but there has to be some reason for this. The site is graphic and flash heavy, but like I said I never had this problem before.

Any thoughts? :confused:

duffyanneal

macrumors 6502a
Feb 5, 2008
ATL
Have you tried the latest nightly build of Webkit? If not it is an open source variant of Safari (looks and works exactly the same) that is much faster and seems to handle some page rendering better than Safari. That is the current browser I'm using. Go to webkit.org and d/l the latest build to see if that helps.

BugHunter

macrumors member
Mar 18, 2007
Firefox 3 beta 3

If you do try Firefox, try Firefox 3 beta 3. It's the first Firefox that really feels good on a mac.
And if you don't like FF, hopefully by the time you've tried it out enough there will be another Safari update.

Unconsoled

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 20, 2005
Rain City WA
Just got home from work and tried to repair permissions but it seems to have stalled. I reset Safari and so far it seems to have help. We'll see. WebKit sounds cool and I think I will try that as well.

Thanks everyone for your help

Unconsoled

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 20, 2005
Rain City WA
Well the repair permissions took about 15 minutes. 14 minutes longer than it said it would. I restarted after that and now it seems to be working pretty well. Things slowed down again last night even after reseting Safari and Firefox had the same issue. Si.com loads slow but doesn't slow everything else after it.

Thanks again.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.