Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

notsam

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 31, 2005
Hey guys, I have a podcast up at http://podcast.notsam.com (also on iTunes- as The Notsam Radio Podcast). Let me know what you think. I use audacity, garage band, and iWeb to produce it and publish it and I'm in need of some constructive criticism/feedback. Let me know what you think

jimsowden

macrumors 68000
Sep 6, 2003
NY
I don't know if a criticism on the Podcast persay, but It isn't funny. Might want to work on that, since it's marketed as such.

notsam

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 31, 2005
thankyou sir, do you have any tips on what would be considered funny?

jimsowden

macrumors 68000
Sep 6, 2003
NY
(I really don't mean to me mean, I'm a critical person by nature, and of course humor is subjective) For me, it's all about the timing. That's what the comedic greats had down to a science, their timing. I think if you have good or even slightly weak material and you deliver it well, it can be really, really funny. (Look at Will Ferrell)

notsam

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 31, 2005
Yeah, you're right. Will Ferrell has done really well as a leading man. I could totally see him hosting a radio show.

jimsowden

macrumors 68000
Sep 6, 2003
NY
notsam said:
Yeah, you're right. Will Ferrell has done really well as a leading man. I could totally see him hosting a radio show.
If that's sarcasm, it's entirely misplaced. If not then I agree.

cooknwitha

macrumors 6502a
May 5, 2005
London
If you ask for criticism then can't accept someone's opinion, you're not going to get very far.

Having listened to a snippet of Podcast 5, technically I'd just say try and make the levels a bit more consistent.

As for the humour, personally, it's not my cup of tea but no doubt there's a niche out there for it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.