Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Hyperlink

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 22, 2006
I've just completed a 5.1 surround mix for a low budget horror movie and I'm at the bounce stage. Now I'm really stuck! Every time I go to bounce I'm told that 'the maximum file size of 2Gb has been exceeded'. Obviously the track is 1.5 hours long the usual length of a movie, so I can't understand the problem. I've tried to bounce the outputs individually but I still get the same issue. Can anyone please help?:confused:

Hyperlink

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 22, 2006
scottlinux said:
http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?messageID=2104272&#2104272

I think this is a horrible, horrible bug. Send feedback to apple.

I understand your thinking but it is quite happy to bounce three half hour sections, which is what I'm being forced to do now, what I don't understand is why it has an aversion to the full track. It is 4.4Gb of audio but that shouldn't be an issue for the 2Gig dual processor G5 should it?

scottlinux

macrumors 6502a
Sep 21, 2005
Seems like it is a problem of the temp files being larger than 2GB, for a 5.1 project. Hope the fix this soon.

Hyperlink

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 22, 2006
Apparently audio for film is still treated in the same way as it used to be before digital in that studios expect to receive three half hour 'reels' as opposed to one 1.5 hour track. These reels are then put together when the film is prepared for release. Thus the 2Gb file limit. Makes sense when you think about it I suppose. I guess a 4-5Gb bounce is asking for potential errors even in realtime.
If anyone knows any different please let me know!

scottlinux

macrumors 6502a
Sep 21, 2005
Apparently audio for film is still treated in the same way as it used to be before digital in that studios expect to receive three half hour 'reels' as opposed to one 1.5 hour track. These reels are then put together when the film is prepared for release. Thus the 2Gb file limit. Makes sense when you think about it I suppose. I guess a 4-5Gb bounce is asking for potential errors even in realtime.
If anyone knows any different please let me know!

No, no one delivers 'half hour' slices of audio for film these days. Video people work with 10GB+ files, that have audio. So a 4-5GB bounce is not a lot of data to push around. I think this is a bug in handling 2GB+ audio files. It might be more complex than appears. Looks like some others have had problems with audio files reaching 2GB:

http://palimpsest.stanford.edu/byform/mailing-lists/arsclist/2005/06/msg00337.html

when is Logic 8 gonna come out? Are they even working on this Program anymore?

That's what everyone wants to know. The previous Logic developers (pre-Apple) had constant communication with the users. Since apple bought the company, there has been NO communication. :(

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.