Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Tezzamacuser

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 3, 2012
Yes and it costs a bit more for second-hand macs too.The weather's great also:rolleyes:.

Weather is always great here in county durham :p but yeah people seem to ask alot even for low spec macs. I really want an imac g4 but i'll be damned if im paying £200 for one!

ihuman:D

macrumors 6502a
Jul 11, 2012
Ireland
Weather is always great here in county durham :p but yeah people seem to ask alot even for low spec macs. I really want an imac g4 but i'll be damned if im paying £200 for one!

I found a 17'' 1.25GHz iMac G4 with 768mb of RAM for €180 that's in pristine condition and includes keyboard, mouse, harmon kandon speakers,manuals, disks and leopard.What a steal!

LeoTheLion89

macrumors 6502
Feb 14, 2012
Hello there.

I have just been given a Powerbook G4 1.5ghz processor and 512mb DDR ram running Tiger 10.4.11. I was just wondering if this mac is still useful for day to day tasks like web surfing and email. This is all I use a computer for really along with the usual facebook and things like that. What could I do to speed this laptop up a little and is it worth doing it I don't mind spending a little money on it as it didn't cost me anything. I am very impressed with the performance of such an old machine already and would like to replace my netbook with it. Any advice would be greatfully received thanks

Even a PowerPC mac will always be useful for what you want to do. Welcome to the world of Mac! :D

Tezzamacuser

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 3, 2012
Even a PowerPC mac will always be useful for what you want to do. Welcome to the world of Mac! :D

Thanks very much :D Im hooked and will be buying unwanted ppc macs by the bucketload now :D

----------

I found a 17'' 1.25GHz iMac G4 with 768mb of RAM for €180 that's in pristine condition and includes keyboard, mouse, harmon kandon speakers,manuals, disks and leopard.What a steal!

You lucky so and so!!!

DaKKs

macrumors 6502
Aug 15, 2012
Stockholm, Sweden
I work at a local computer store, we sell it.

Hehe, so you do. However, you are not local for me. :D You're 5000-miles-away local.

Jokes aside, i haven't seen DDR ram in those random computer stores since -09. You can buy it in specialized stores or on the web. But hell, depending on where in the country I am at the time, sometimes I struggle to find DDR2. And that's bloody ridiculous.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.