Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

swingerofbirch

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Hi my question pertains to iTunes on Windows (please dont lambast me: i am the happy owner of a mac, i just happen to need a windows machine for work on which i also store some of my music), anyhow, i have some playlists, and one of them inexplicably has drastically changed.....i dont know if my dog again stepped on the keyboard and maybe songs were deleted added..anyhow, its a combination of songs from my library, but is not the playlist i put together....do you know if there is a history or "snapshot" that the computer keeps of how the playlist was at some previous point in time? google desktop search perhaps keeps such a record? or in some other system setting? thanks!

Jan 30, 2006
Nope, once you delete something from a playlist you can't undo the action.

If they where deleted fom your library, you could add them again from the folder that contains your music.
Or they could be in the Trash Can. If they are there, you only need to select the files and click "restore". And add them again to your library.

About the Google Desktop, I don't think it would be of any help.
You could also try using the "Previous iTunes Libraries". If you had the playlist in the previous one, you can replace it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.