Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

xxchefxx

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 7, 2008
Got my hoco band today, and for less than £30 I have to say I'm really impressed. You have a bit of a color clash between the aluminium and the stainless steel, but way more practical for me than the sports band.

Attachments

• IMG_1419.jpg
    IMG_1419.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 8,834
  • IMG_1420.jpg
    IMG_1420.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 6,792
  • IMG_1421.jpg
    IMG_1421.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 4,180
Reactions: MyBullwuf

JuNxXxReY

macrumors regular
Jul 7, 2008
Got my hoco band today, and for less than £30 I have to say I'm really impressed. You have a bit of a color clash between the aluminium and the stainless steel, but way more practical for me than the sports band.

Thanks for the pictures. I think it's one of the best 3rd party bands available right now. How's the "lug" portion? Is it locked solid and fit right? Someone in the forums posted one side was too long. Do you have the same issue? See post #343 using the link below:

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/1866289/

xxchefxx

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 7, 2008
Mines a good fit, the lugs are the right length and you can feel it lock when you slide it into place. I have ordered a leather one too, but unfortunately they never arrived together. I have high hopes for it as the quality of the stainless steel one is great.

Attachments

• $_57.JPG
    $_57.JPG
    48.9 KB · Views: 838

iBlazed

macrumors 68000
Feb 27, 2014
New Jersey, United States
Mines a good fit, the lugs are the right length and you can feel it lock when you slide it into place. I have ordered a leather one too, but unfortunately they never arrived together. I have high hopes for it as the quality of the stainless steel one is great.

I wanted the leather one too but the buckle is gold and I don't like that

webworks415

macrumors 6502
Dec 20, 2008

Could you please post a closeup photo of how it looks where the band meets the watch itself? Side view or at an angle? I'm curious of how it looks, I have a Stainless steel AW and considering the HOCO.

iVegas

macrumors 6502
Nov 16, 2013
Looks good. I have one en route to me now. Was it easy to size (remove links)?

webworks415

macrumors 6502
Dec 20, 2008
I'm looking at the other style Hoco link band, as you can see it doesn't have a wide open 'loop' or hook style attachment like the one in this thread. Or it might but its just more flush together. I just find that odd looking for a link band, that's more for a strap

Attachments

• $_12.JPG
    $_12.JPG
    27.7 KB · Views: 673

mightyjabba

macrumors 68000
Sep 25, 2014
Tatooine
I guess I should've gone with Aliexpress. The one I ordered from eBay has supposedly shipped from China, but I have no idea when it's actually going to show up. I'd like to see how this link band looks on the stainless steel model.

supertomtom

macrumors 6502a
Sep 21, 2007
Gold Coast, Australia
I'm looking at the other style Hoco link band, as you can see it doesn't have a wide open 'loop' or hook style attachment like the one in this thread. Or it might but its just more flush together. I just find that odd looking for a link band, that's more for a strap

I agree with the 'loop' look for the other one. I considered this one you posted but that picture (#6 on eBay on the wrist) had me a bit hesitant seeing how the attachment doesn't appear to be parallel to the watch case itself...

HawkBYU

macrumors member
Nov 15, 2010

I was looking at this one on aliexpress. I really like it. The only problem is that some of the pictures show the hook style attachment, and other pictures show the attachment like the one you have pictures. I'll be interested to see what the actual one looks like.

iVegas

macrumors 6502
Nov 16, 2013
I was looking at this one on aliexpress. I really like it. The only problem is that some of the pictures show the hook style attachment, and other pictures show the attachment like the one you have pictures. I'll be interested to see what the actual one looks like.

On some of the eBay sales there's an "options" menu where you can pick either style.

i-aamir

macrumors 65816
Jul 7, 2010
UK - London

Was it easy to take the links out when you received the HOCO band? How did you do it?

Thanks

hlfway2anywhere

Cancelled
Jul 15, 2006

For the record, I have the black and red HOCO leather bands, and they're about 1/3 as thick as the pictured one. They're alright. The adapters are good.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.