Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dcv

macrumors G3
Original poster
May 24, 2005
There is currently a huge thunderstorm in London, haven't seen rain like this in a very long time and just noticed that the door which leads out to my roof terrace is looking like a waterfall and the water is actually coming in through the edges of the glass and soaking my carpet!! :eek: LOOK!!

AlBDamned

macrumors 68030
Mar 14, 2005
dietcokevanilla said:
There is currently a huge thunderstorm in London, haven't seen rain like this in a very long time and just noticed that the door which leads out to my roof terrace is looking like a waterfall and the water is actually coming in through the edges of the glass and soaking my carpet!! :eek: LOOK!!

Just make sure your Mac is nowhere near it! I really did not think it was going to rain today but it's good for the cricket!

dcv

macrumors G3
Original poster
May 24, 2005
Me and my PB are well sheltered!

looks like the rain is stopping now. i've got a soggy carpet with towels laid around the back door and a huge saucepan half filled with water

:(

joepunk

macrumors 68030
Aug 5, 2004
a profane existence
I sympathize with you on the flooded carpet.

There is a room in the rear of my parents house that is about a meter below the ground outside. We discovered that when it rains very hard water gets into the walls. Had to get an entire section of the wall rebuilt due to ants living there and the rain. Still when it really is a major down pour water will seep and flood a corner of the room. It is also the main computer room and has my old stereo system.

dcv

macrumors G3
Original poster
May 24, 2005
Thanks, thankfully it's not too bad at all but i've never had that happen before. The rain today was the heaviest i've seen in London for AGES. Good job i discovered it early and put a pan and some towels down. I'm on the top floor and above me is an entirely flat roof that needs some work doing to it. There is a section in my hallway where the plasterboard ceiling has a patch and a tiny hole where water has been seeping in but not [yet] broken right through... so i was really praying for that to stay in one piece this afternoon. Should be getting that fixed fairly soon hopefully, so i suspect they'll have to replace the flashing around the edge of the roof and/or put a small canopy or something above my back door, as it shouldn't be turning into a water feature like that!

AlBDamned

macrumors 68030
Mar 14, 2005
That storm just hit us and with some really crisp thunder. Nearly as loud as the typhoon at Glasto this year!

dcv

macrumors G3
Original poster
May 24, 2005
w_parietti22 said:
Is it just me... or is that paper on the window???

no there are 3 squares etched into the glass on the door... i didn't do it, it was like that when i bought the place!

yenko

macrumors 6502a
Aug 29, 2005
SouthWest-USA
dietcokevanilla said:

:eek: Save the Mac, You fool !! Hurry! Hurry! :D :D :D

Mord

macrumors G4
Aug 24, 2003
UK
i cycled home through that with my ibook in my bag, i acctually saw some lighting on the way back hit a tower block :eek: when i got back my bag was soaked and my ibook had some water in it but after half an hour in the airing cupboard it was fine.

iAlan

macrumors 65816
Dec 11, 2002
Chappers said:
Just wanna go home. Have Macs at work but Mac and wife at home is much better.

Cool avatar!

We have typhoons here and the last-one hit last week and there is no way I am carrying my PB (or even my company IBM NB) in anything other than a tank in the rains and wind we get here. Not on the level of the hurricane that hit NO, but we did see incredible amounts of flooding, mudslides and other destruction. Unfortunately there around 20 related deaths in southern-Japan.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.