Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

beetleman20

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 22, 2018
Symptoms: All icloud devices (iPhone, iPad, Mac) related to my icloud account, when opening the Home app, will result in a screen “Loading accessories and scenes”. All devices connected to charger, will constantly result in home accessories using battery in background. Please see screenshot below. My apple watch is draining battery at an unusual rate as well, over 25% per night (comparing with less than 10% per night before the bug)

Ways to stop the battery draining symptoms (both on my iPhone and Apple Watch):
1. Log out of icloud ID.
2. Sign in to a different apple ID.
3. Turn off both Wifi and cellular network.

Method I have tried to solve the issue: (which obviously did not work)
  1. Deleting all VPN profiles on my devices
  2. Turning off and turning back on the icloud sync of Home on the icloud page
  3. Turning off and turning back on keychain on icloud
  4. Signing in & out of my icloud account on all devices
  5. Completely factory resetting one of my device (the 12 mini), after signing back into icloud, the issue immediately appears. (This proves the problem is related to my iCloud account! I need a senior engineer who could reset my whole Homekit icloud related settings as I suspect something in the icloud homekit is stuck in a never ending loop.)
  6. Using Apple's official Homekit reset profile given by senior apple technician. http://appldnld.apple.com/iOSProfiles/HomeKitReset.mobileconfig [it will wipe out all the HomeKit data].
If Apple does not fix this issue on the icloud side, my icloud account is basically ****ed up with all my devices draining an extra 20~40% battery per day. **** APPLE!
FmMtO8WSmi_XcPlIUp3Ppq6JkxSTBJaHfB7jIiw_Rv3zisiCz6PTgS7iJPBqlnGE5H5CnENzAOzR5sRUrv6FlNECzXY0WglBIlj-KxYbWJKIyJwJYBcv7_49uiRRsjPEfCboRqSFg9BfDdG-CxMCxhU
CoG80QpuiXRiqlqzwmO22zW3pfyS7CV1UfQhEmHsXzbVCTLTyFVDpvSxavt0W-gxgIqOj8pSdw06EAqlz8TouYGqHxhMAjgCgV3IG1-6XpZ3Tx_MiHQbemdRXjdq2K9QZ1ARtTROaLA9jTWrd4sgdAo

1686646973755.png

All my devices, including 14 Pro, 12 Mini, iPad mini 6, iPad Pro are displaying the message when opening the home app.

Update situation June 13th 2023
My 14 Pro’s icloud backup is unable to complete after I deleted it and restart the backup. All data backed up shows “No data”, please refer to the screenshot below.
prgjWaTFtxgT6inR1bTjhV34-iWfnahld8M9ZVkntUgzWEM3F_wPkoTvQfo9lF5M9bDwuh8R6CzNQ6_U40DaYJ60VQmU1t35tDDWNjQClTr3P-ybOpkDIoIQCdUc53vtM0eFweI2okoAuhiRxginHpM

Reactions: jatt_onreddit

Philonious

macrumors newbie
Jul 15, 2013
I've been having the exact same issue. All my problems started when I upgraded the homekit architecture. My wife is invited into my 3 homes. They all disappeared from her homekit app. All the troubleshooting led down to delete all my homes and wanting to start from scratch.

Now with any of my devices: iPhone 13 Pro Max, Macbook Pro 2019, iMac 2019 i'm stuck on Loading Scenes and accessories and my phone dies in half a day because of the home hogging all the battery.

I took my mom's iPad, reset it completely, set it up as a new iPad on my Apple ID, same issue.

I have an open ticket with Applecare Senior Advisor who has not gotten back to me in two weeks. Tried to follow-up but nothing yet.

Your Step 5 is where I am at. I refuse to create a new Apple ID.

Step 6 with the profile is useless to me. It says i'm not part of any home or have any invitations.

Meanwhile my whole setup is dead. Have to use the individual apps for each accessory to control them.

This stupid problem was happening in the early iOS16 in November/December 2022, so bad that Apple pulled the plug on the architecture upgrade, to release it back in 16.4. I waited for 16.5 to execute it so that I can benefit from "the new, more reliable, and more efficient Home architecture."

I can't use the words I want in this forum or i'll get banned...

Reactions: jatt_onreddit

jatt_onreddit

macrumors newbie
Oct 18, 2023
I've been having the exact same issue. All my problems started when I upgraded the homekit architecture. My wife is invited into my 3 homes. They all disappeared from her homekit app. All the troubleshooting led down to delete all my homes and wanting to start from scratch.

Now with any of my devices: iPhone 13 Pro Max, Macbook Pro 2019, iMac 2019 i'm stuck on Loading Scenes and accessories and my phone dies in half a day because of the home hogging all the battery.

I took my mom's iPad, reset it completely, set it up as a new iPad on my Apple ID, same issue.

I have an open ticket with Applecare Senior Advisor who has not gotten back to me in two weeks. Tried to follow-up but nothing yet.

Step 6 with the profile is useless to me. It says i'm not part of any home or have any invitations.

Meanwhile my whole setup is dead. Have to use the individual apps for each accessory to control them.

This stupid problem was happening in the early iOS16 in November/December 2022, so bad that Apple pulled the plug on the architecture upgrade, to release it back in 16.4. I waited for 16.5 to execute it so that I can benefit from "the new, more reliable, and more efficient Home architecture."

Did you get any solution? I have the exact same problem as you.

archerzzz

macrumors newbie
Dec 22, 2023

Same here. Any solutions now?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.