Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ivanpasic

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 8, 2013
Is anyone else experiencing this? Started to happen to me on my phone, iPad and Mac after updating to iOS 17/iPadOS 17 and Sonoma. Had a similar issue a few years ago with one of the previous iOS releases (iOS 15 I think).

evanmac

macrumors newbie
Oct 6, 2020
I have the same issues right after iOS 17. I have live view just fine using the camera's own app, but using HomeKit is a hit and miss. I am thinking of removing them and re-adding them to see if that fixes things.

dor2201

macrumors 6502
May 19, 2015
Israel
האם עוד מישהו חווה את זה? התחיל לקרות לי בטלפון, ב-iPad וב-Mac לאחר עדכון ל-iOS 17/iPadOS 17 ול-Sonoma. הייתה בעיה דומה לפני כמה שנים עם אחת מהגרסאות הקודמות של iOS (iOS 15 אני חושב).
Me too..

Reactions: ivanpasic

ivanpasic

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 8, 2013
I have the same issues right after iOS 17. I have live view just fine using the camera's own app, but using HomeKit is a hit and miss. I am thinking of removing them and re-adding them to see if that fixes things.
I tried. It does not!

Studio Dweller

macrumors member
Jun 2, 2004
I was experiencing similar issues and realized that I wasn't actually connected to my home WiFi network. There was no WiFi signal strength indicator at the top right on my iPhone even though in WiFi settings it showed that I was connected to my home network. Clicking on the network and choosing "Forget This Network" and then re-connecting solved the problem. However, I am concerned about being able to monitor cameras from outside of my home network as that still seems to be an issue.

evanmac

macrumors newbie
Oct 6, 2020
I found that the only way to reliably connect to my homeKit cameras when on cellular and not on home's wifi is if I use a VPN connection to my home first. (my router supports that).
camera's own app on cellular is still way faster.

texem

macrumors member
Aug 18, 2010
No streaming / update of the cam picture on "my home" screen in any "Home" App ( iPhone, Mac ..)

Streaming works (Wifi and cellular , no matter) if you press on the preview picture and select "show live stream"

Seems, the cam picture is now only updated if there is any motion.

Bug or feature ?

PatriceTheWake

macrumors newbie
Oct 26, 2018
France
Same here, brand new iphone 15 on latest ios update cannot stream any camera from cellular, but it is working fine from the local network.
Same home, from a non-upgraded iphone works really find both from local and remote.

Reactions: dor2201

ideal.dreams

macrumors 68020
Jul 19, 2010
Same here. iOS 17.0.2 on iPhone 15 Pro Max. Wife is experiencing the same on iOS 17.0.1 on her 14 Pro Max.

I ran the RC of iOS 17 when it released and didn’t notice this issue at all. I can’t say for sure but I feel like I didn’t notice this on my 14 Pro Max before upgrading to the 15 Pro Max while also on 17.0.1.

I believe this was an issue a couple years ago that Apple had to address with an iOS update. Looks like the same thing got broken again.

ideal.dreams

macrumors 68020
Jul 19, 2010
Noticed my camera thumbnails load like normal when I’m at home/on our home network. It’s only when away from home that the issue occurs which further makes me believe it’s an issue with tvOS or HomePodOS.

Stefano85

macrumors newbie
Aug 5, 2020
Italy
Hi all, luckily I have found this thread! I have the same problems as you regard streaming webcams on 4G connections. When I am at home I have no problems and also no problems on Eufy app.
In my case I have updated both my wife and my phone to iOS 17 and also the HomePod mini.

Reactions: ivanpasic

hhzhao

macrumors regular
Sep 25, 2018
Northeast Ohio
Same here. The camera stream works when I am on the same network as normal, but when I am outside home network, it sticks at previous status. Open the camera will show unresponsive, but will some time show streams a minute or so late. But it is broken for the most of time.

digitalfx

macrumors 6502a
Jul 18, 2007
starting yesterday, this issue seems to be improving. All of my cameras now load within 3-4 seconds on 3 separate "homes". This basically hasn't worked since upgrading to ios17 release version.

mdhwoods

macrumors regular
Jul 13, 2008
im not convinced this is fixed. takes 6 seconds to load a camera when not home and snapshots on my end are updating every ~15-20 seconds vs 10 prior.

Reactions: katbel

Katopaul05

macrumors newbie
Sep 16, 2015
I think it’s an Apple side server issue, to which they are fixing. My video snapshots are super quick as of today, at multiple houses. I have yet to test off of WiFi though…

digitalfx

macrumors 6502a
Jul 18, 2007
I can confirm improvements started happening prior to any updates...it's defiantly a server side issue. Mine is now back to normal. Remote locations refresh in under 3 seconds last week and this week are nearly instant.

Reactions: katbel
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.