Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Rodimus Prime

macrumors G4
Oct 9, 2006
Does it? If that's the case, why not just pump natural gas directly into our cars? That's "lossless" storage.

but that would not give some one the feel good factor of making water vapor exhausted.

Even though over all they are putting more pollution in the air than if they just burned the fossil fuels to begin with.

carwaterguide

macrumors newbie
Sep 30, 2008
p.s. I never heard about a water powered car that converts H2O to H then uses the H to power the motor, but I have heard and seen a water powered car that just uses a tank of compressed H2O to push the car around. Or was that compressed air.... I forget. :confused:

You don't have to try something to understand that it works.
I've seen facts on the news and all over the Internet, that running a car on water IS possible. Even that you haven't tried doing it, it doesn't mean that it's impossible.please see ....http://carwaterguide.blogspot.com

Digital Skunk

macrumors G3
Dec 23, 2006
In my imagination
You don't have to try something to understand that it works.
I've seen facts on the news and all over the Internet, that running a car on water IS possible. Even that you haven't tried doing it, it doesn't mean that it's impossible.please see ....http://carwaterguide.blogspot.com

You sound more like an advertisement, as does the link you gave. But either-way I meant HOW the car uses water to run.

I have never heard of a water powered car that takes the H molecule from water (using energy to do so) and takes that H molecule to power the vehicle.

iJohnHenry

macrumors P6
Mar 22, 2008
On tenterhooks
You sound more like an advertisement, as does the link you gave.

2 posts, joined today. Duh. :rolleyes:

I have never heard of a water powered car that takes the H molecule from water (using energy to do so) and takes that H molecule to power the vehicle.

I believe this is the theory of lifting yourself up by your own boot-straps. :p

What a doofus. (Him, not you.)
MMafter03.gif

ChrisA

macrumors G5
Jan 5, 2006
Redondo Beach, California
Hydrogen fueled cars are a scam and produce (via converting water to hydrogen through electricity) more carbon emissions than strictly electric cars.

I seriously doubt anyone other then high school chemistry students are making hydrogen from water. That uses to much electric power to be cost effective. The cheaper industrial process strips the hydrogen from hydrocarbons. Water vapor at high temperature is mixed with methane to make carbon monoxide and H2.

Yes it does take energy to do this too. but only to heat the water into thousand degree steam. In the US methane is relatively cheap.

Even so it takes more energy to make H2 then you get back in the car but I think the process is still better then if you burned the methane inside the car's engine. Car engines only recover about 20% of the energy in the fuel the rest is waste heat that goes out the radiator or goes to internal friction

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.