Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ChazUK

macrumors 603
Feb 3, 2008
Essex (UK)
Samsung are notorious for bloating up their phones and I can imagine the initial bloatedness exacerbates things over time.

Using AOSP builds or Nexus devices, I've not had any issues over time with my devices.

I'll also go so far as go say that the HTC One (on stock Android 4.3) that I own has to be one of the finest Android experiences I've ever had.

I do keep my data synced with Google (contacts, calendars, mail, music, files/ebooks on Google Drive and pictures on Google + photos) so to get all that data back, I simply sign in to my next Android device and wait for it to sync so I have no reluctance to do a factory reset if the situation ever arises that I have to.

I'd say factory reset the thing and if its no better, get an iPhone as the 4s must be due a drop in price after tomorrow's event.

APhillyApple

macrumors regular
Sep 3, 2013
I happen to agree with him. It sounds to me that you're making a generalization based on a few experiences, most likely not with the newer version of the software either.

Android 4.3 on my HTC One is blazing fast, and I'll very likely never return to iOS for my phone because of all of the features available.

Ok. Congratulations. We all have our preferences, I merely stated that the issue TC is having seems to be the same one I had years ago. This isnt a religion, no reason for all the butt-hurt and animosity over something this small. Poor guys are taking this stuff way to serious. :apple:

T5BRICK

macrumors G3
Aug 3, 2006
Oregon
Ok. Congratulations. We all have our preferences, I merely stated that the issue TC is having seems to be the same one I had years ago. This isnt a religion, no reason for all the butt-hurt and animosity over something this small. Poor guys are taking this stuff way to serious. :apple:

An experience I had years ago with the iPhone showed me that you couldn't even install Apps or re-arrange the icons on the home screen or use folders or multitask or change the background. ;)

Just pointing out that things have changed since you last used Android. I'm not sure why you think people are "upset" or getting "butt-hurt." The OP posted his experience and people are replying to it. This is an open forum and I'm pretty sure everyone is welcome to the discussion.

srkmish

macrumors regular
Feb 10, 2013
I have a cheap chinese android with 1 ghz dual core mediatek processor+512 mb ram. It used to have minor hiccups now and then and the smoothness was nowhere near my ipad mini.

However, once i rooted it and removed bloatware and installed greenify( Thanks to its dev for this free amazing app), all those minor hiccups are almost gone. It still freezes for a second or two sometimes , however the frequency is very less now. If you own an android, you owe it to yourself to get the best performance out of it. I also have another chinese mobile with a single core processor only but it can play temple run oz without any hiccups :D

Fernandez21

macrumors 601
Jun 16, 2010
I agree, there are still more performance problems with android than with the iphone, or at least that has been my experience and if you look at my sig you can see I've been using the newest android phones.

I will say that jelly bean has closed the gapped, its been MUCH better, but still get lags and errors from time to time.

APhillyApple

macrumors regular
Sep 3, 2013
An experience I had years ago with the iPhone showed me that you couldn't even install Apps or re-arrange the icons on the home screen or use folders or multitask or change the background. ;)

Just pointing out that things have changed since you last used Android. I'm not sure why you think people are "upset" or getting "butt-hurt." The OP posted his experience and people are replying to it. This is an open forum and I'm pretty sure everyone is welcome to the discussion.

Ok, come off the high horse, no one is disputing the type of forum. We all know it is an open forum, I responded to the OP, you all responded to me. I think you need to get your facts straight. Aside from that no one can have a wrong opinion, its just a thought based on experience. Nice try though.

Others have told me to stay away from this website, they all tell me its Android Central in an Apple costume. I am starting to think its true, sadly. I guess I will continue my search for an Apple-centric website. Thanks for making in clear to me. :apple:

Oohara

macrumors 68040
Jun 28, 2012
Ok, come off the high horse, no one is disputing the type of forum. We all know it is an open forum, I responded to the OP, you all responded to me. I think you need to get your facts straight. Aside from that no one can have a wrong opinion, its just a thought based on experience. Nice try though.

Others have told me to stay away from this website, they all tell me its Android Central in an Apple costume. I am starting to think its true, sadly. I guess I will continue my search for an Apple-centric website. Thanks for making in clear to me. :apple:

Martyring and being generally rude will make it difficult for you to find good conversation anywhere, but good luck with your search. :)

The Game 161

macrumors Nehalem
Dec 15, 2010
UK
had no issues with my S4 and shouldn't with the Note 3. no lags at all since the updates. an up to date system certainly helps.

T5BRICK

macrumors G3
Aug 3, 2006
Oregon

I wasn't saying your opinion was wrong, I was just stating that you were making an observation based on very out of date information. Old versions of Android and their associated hardware sucked. We all know this. So did old versions of iOS and their associated hardware. Up until Android 4.2 came out, I wouldn't have anything to do with the system.

Good luck! :)

Last edited:

fredaroony

macrumors 6502a
Aug 1, 2011

Appleinsider would be much more your style it seems.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.