Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tman07

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 4, 2009
Ok, about a month ago i formatted my macbook(umb 2.0, 2gb), just to start fresh. As soon as i had done that, I noticed that my hotkeys were'nt working. It would work for a while, then quit. I mean, copy & past, my sizzling keys, everything would not work. After a few weeks like this, i've noticed that it only happens when my external monitor is plugged in. No one could help, so i've just lived with it.

So here's the question. If i reformat, and bring everything back via timemachine, do you think the problem will still be there? I would HATE to put everything back to the way it is from scratch, but if its the only way, i can deal with it.
Any suggestions?

Thanks

(crosses fingers and hopes for answers, no help last time..)

iLog.Genius

macrumors 601
Feb 24, 2009
Toronto, Ontario
Probably will have the same problem. Have you tried creating a new user and seeing if that helps? Time Machine is only helpful if you're just doing a restore with no existing problems. Right now you're probably looking at an Erase and Install if the new user solution doens't work out.

tman07

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 4, 2009
Alright, thanks! Thats what i wanted to hear! haha.

Thanks for your help!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.