Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Dr. Dastardly

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 26, 2004
I live in a giant bucket!
Quick question, is there a way to get rid of the info window in DVD player. Its a well... a little window that displays the elapsed time and time left in the movie with the chapter number and blah blah blah. Its quite annoying and I can't seem to get it turned off, any ideas would be much appreciated.

absolut_mac

macrumors 6502a
Oct 30, 2003
Dallas, Texas
Dr. Dastardly said:
Quick question, is there a way to get rid of the info window in DVD player. Its a well... a little window that displays the elapsed time and time left in the movie with the chapter number and blah blah blah. Its quite annoying and I can't seem to get it turned off, any ideas would be much appreciated.

The window will dissappear on its own after about 3 - 5 seconds, unless your mouse is pointing to it. As long as your mouse is over the DVD control panel, it won't go away.

Let us know if this does the trick for you.

Dr. Dastardly

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 26, 2004
I live in a giant bucket!
The brushed aluminum info box does go away after a few seconds but there is another under control called "Standard info window" or "Vertical info window". There doesn't seem to be a way to turn it off. Thanks for the advice though.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.