Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

chibianh

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 6, 2001
Colorado
Don't know if this has been brought up before.. but how about a MacRumors chat room? or would that defeat the purpose of a general discussions board? Oh well, just a thought.

Anh

me hate windows

macrumors 6502
Jan 18, 2002
We could all just download the Yahoo! messenger and give each other our names so we could all chat.:D We wouldn't want to waste alot of bandwidth on the site if we just got into some kind of flame war and were posting things every 6 seconds:rolleyes:

This dosn't have to do with the thread, but if you go down to the bottom of the page. Got to the forum jump menu thingy, and go to Who's Online, it tells you who is doing what and yadayadayada. I never realised we had so many guests, or maybe just members not logged on. Still cool though

Rower_CPU

Moderator emeritus
Oct 5, 2001
San Diego, CA
Re: how about a chat room?

Originally posted by chibianh
Don't know if this has been brought up before.. but how about a MacRumors chat room? or would that defeat the purpose of a general discussions board? Oh well, just a thought.

Anh

I think you answered your own question. ;)

eyelikeart

Moderator emeritus
Jan 2, 2001
Metairie, LA
re: chat

I already chat with a few of u guys using AIM...

I'm happy enough with that...

seems easy enough since just about all of us use an IM client of some species... ;)

buffsldr

macrumors 6502a
May 7, 2001
I like the freedom of coming to check the posts out at my leisure, rather than having to be present at a given moment. For those who want to rap, they have im stuff

Beej

macrumors 68020
Jan 6, 2002
Re: re: chat

Originally posted by eyelikeart
seems easy enough since just about all of us use an IM client of some species... ;)
But then you have problems with people using different IM apps... I know you can get apps that handle them all, but they never seem to work quite right.

cb911

macrumors 601
Mar 12, 2002
BrisVegas, Australia
i was thinking that it would be easy enough to use an IM or something, but good point Beej. there would be heaps of compatability issues. a chat room would be a really good idea! how about it Arn? do you think it's possible?

eyelikeart

Moderator emeritus
Jan 2, 2001
Metairie, LA
Re: Re: re: chat

Originally posted by Beej
But then you have problems with people using different IM apps... I know you can get apps that handle them all, but they never seem to work quite right.

exactly...

I have Fire...but it's so damned confusing when u start getting IMs from 3 different clients at one time... :eek:

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Nov 1, 2001
VA
Not interested.

I would have to agree it defeats the purpose of the boards. Besides I think of macrumors as a resource. If I have a question I can go and search it and if its not been answered, post a thread. Its easier that way.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.