Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

danqi

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 14, 2010
I feel like there should be an obvious solution, but I just don't see it.

I have 2GB of jpegs on my Mac that I need to get onto a friend's iPad 3. I have put them all in a ZIP file and sent them via WeTransfer, but the download doesn't seem to work on the iPad.

What is the best way to send these pictures?

danqi

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 14, 2010

Unfortunately, my friend is in a different state than me.

I once send 2 gb of files through dropbox. It was slow though, but worked.

I don't have the space on my dropbox, but even if I did, would my friend be able to save all the images as a batch? I somehow seem to remember that Dropbox on iOS is tricky and only lets you save one image at a time.

danqi

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 14, 2010
That would only work if I had the images in iCloud Photos myself, right? I don't use iCloud for photos at all unfortunately and the images I want to send are not on my iPhone.

danqi

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 14, 2010
Can I do that? I can't seem to find any info on how that works, unfortunately.

sdz

macrumors 65816
May 28, 2014
Europe/Germany
I feel like there should be an obvious solution, but I just don't see it.

I have 2GB of jpegs on my Mac that I need to get onto a friend's iPad 3. I have put them all in a ZIP file and sent them via WeTransfer, but the download doesn't seem to work on the iPad.

What is the best way to send these pictures?

zip it and MailDrop it (5GB limit)

Reactions: Abazigal

akash.nu

macrumors G4
May 26, 2016
Zipping it won't make it available on the iPad though, best idea is share the files directly via one of the aforementioned services.

sonicrobby

macrumors 68020
Apr 24, 2013
New Orleans
That would only work if I had the images in iCloud Photos myself, right? I don't use iCloud for photos at all unfortunately and the images I want to send are not on my iPhone.

iCloud Photo Stream, you can create a shared album with your friend using the Photos app on your Mac. Select the pictures you want to add to the album, and add them. Then your friend will be able to get those pictures on their iPad and save them for offline purposes. Once that is done you can delete the album if you want.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.