Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Wrathwitch

macrumors 65816
Dec 4, 2009
Oh look. Another thread about why Android is better than iPhone, and why Apple needs to step up their game.

I've never seen a more insecure group of people than Android fans.

Nefan, in almost every thread I have read that has you posting in it is about how insecure and horrible Android users/fans are. Not once have I seen you contribute anything useful to the thread other than to spread contention. It is getting tiresome to see. What do you hope to change?

You cannot control these posts, but you CAN control yourself. Why jump on the Troll train?

Nothing says you have to read these threads if you don't like them, much less participate in a chronically negative way.

Spoken from an Android and Apple girl's perspective.

ReallyBigFeet

macrumors 68030
Apr 15, 2010
Nefan, in almost every thread I have read that has you posting in it is about how insecure and horrible Android users/fans are. Not once have I seen you contribute anything useful to the thread other than to spread contention. It is getting tiresome to see. What do you hope to change?

You cannot control these posts, but you CAN control yourself. Why jump on the Troll train?

Nothing says you have to read these threads if you don't like them, much less participate in a chronically negative way.

1) Seriously doubt you are female.
2) Pot, meet Kettle.

thewaffle

macrumors newbie
Jun 30, 2012
Re:

I stopped reading at 'massively outdated' is that even proper English?

Hmmm...anyway I checked my facebook, twitter, played a game, text, watched videos, took pictures, recorded a video of a band with an external microphone (made for none other than IOS devices) edited some pictures and listened to music in the past 24 hours on my 'massively outdated' device. Hard to believe there are millions upon millions of people with these massively outdated devices walking the streets. Someone alarm them before their phone 'EXPLODES' due to a lack of 'massively updated' updates!

Wow I could go on but I'm going to leave this alone. It's comedy at it's worst. I'll give the OP a bit of a break: it was 4am and the tequila was in his bloodstream taking over his mind.

nefan65

macrumors 65816
Apr 15, 2009

I've contributed plenty to this forum. You see what you want.

Because I HAVE contributed to othe threads on this forum, I have the right to to voice my concern. Seems you're okay as long as people support your argument, but write this when they don't.

Like the other poster said; Pot meet Kettle.

Last edited:

VulchR

macrumors 68040
Jun 8, 2009
Scotland
Let review some of the pejorative terms used in this thread: 'fool', 'moron', 'delusional', 'troll', 'insecure', 'blind', 'zealot', 'sheep'... and the night is young. This underlines why I think there needs to be a sub-forum for Android-related posts. I read opened this thread thinking it might have interesting discussion about new features on the next iPhone. Instead, it was an invitation to have another ill-tempered discussion about iOS versus Android.

mbell1975

macrumors 6502a
Mar 17, 2012
4G LTE
4.6 inch 720p screen
SD card slot
removable battery
widgets
file manager

thats a great start....

gmanist1000

macrumors 68030
Sep 22, 2009
For me, it's the LTE. But I know that's been in android phones for a while now.

A killer feature would have to be the liquid metal. It would be amazing if they pulled out a liquid metal phone, but I really highly doubt that they're going to do this with this generation of iPhone.

Wrathwitch

macrumors 65816
Dec 4, 2009
1) Seriously doubt you are female.
2) Pot, meet Kettle.

Yes that is correct because females can't use Android devices and Apple devices and put out a non biased and logical post, sorry I forgot that. You may doubt all you wish, I don't have to send any pics to prove my gender to you.

I've contributed plenty to this forum. You see what you want.

Because I HAVE contributed to othe threads on this forum, I have the right to to voice my concern. Seems you're okay as long as people support your argument, but write this when they don't.

Like the other poster said; Pot meet Kettle.

I hardly think my post was in anyway abusive. On several different forums I have noted you bashing Android users. I have not bashed either Apple users OR Android users. I may do the occasional verbal take down of a particular individual if I dislike their post, but I don't spread my discontent for a particular individual and generalize it to a group of people.

Voicing your concern is different from using a derrogative generalization. ie: your post regarding Android fans as all bein insecure and envious is about as lame as an Android fan stating that all Apple fans are Sheep. You condem the users but perform in the exact same way by demonstrating the kind of behaviour that you claim to distain.

If this makes me the pot calling the kettle black so be it. Sorry to use logic on these forums.

But I do apologize if you took offense to my initial post directed at you in this thread.

cyks

macrumors 68020
Jul 24, 2002
Westchester County, NY
Your missing the point of this thread clearly. The OP is just asking for a discussion to be had on what the big feature of the next iphone will be. Considering there seems to always be one blockbuster feature per release. Don't be so quick to bash people

The OP began the "discussion" by saying:
Apple's current 4S is massively outdated when it comes to comparing it with other Android devices.

That pretty much sums it up on how this is, as Nefan65 said, another thread about why Android is better than iPhone, and why Apple needs to step up their game.

ReallyBigFeet

macrumors 68030
Apr 15, 2010
Yes that is correct because females can't use Android devices and Apple devices and put out a non biased and logical post, sorry I forgot that. You may doubt all you wish, I don't have to send any pics to prove my gender to you.

Dude, proving anything on the internet is silly. As is impersonating a different gender in a futile attempt to lend your own opinion higher "prioritization" even though its still just one person = one opinion.

But you keep calling people out there...it makes you look sooooooo authoritative. Rawr?

Bobby Corwen

macrumors 68030
Jul 16, 2010
I am sorry to disagree with you but I have the SSGS3 and as far as crispness goes, I cannot tell the difference between my retina ip4 and this device DESPITE how much larger the screen is! Retina is no longer an issue unless you have a POS older phone. As far as the glass design wanna hear something wierd? The SSGS3 FEELS like a smooth polished glass disc without being weighty or thick. So what if it is polymer, it is how it feels in the hand that matters, not necessarily what it is made of.

Oh and there is NOTHING wrong with my eyes FYI.

The fact that you state using a JB actually acknowledges that you feel that the native OS is lacking, otherwise you wouldn't have voided the warranty to make the phone do things you want it to.

Don't get me wrong, I loved my iP4 the whole time I owned it but so far I am really enjoying my new device. Love comes with time and reliability imo.

I would not presume to know what you care about in a device and I don't think it was PC for one of the posters to refer to you or anyone else as a Sheep. That was out of line.

What I want to know is what is with the complete and utter BLIND devotion that people have with their electonics? Can you not look at both with an open mind and appreciate the differences without getting all zealot-y about it? (referring to everyone who just ploughs through these threads with a complete black and white mentality).

Please don't be solipsistic...

lordofthereef

macrumors G5
Nov 29, 2011
Boston, MA
You cant say Google Nav? Why not? Map in iOS 6 is complete horse ****. It wont compare to Google Maps in the foreseeable future, if ever honestly. Google, OBVIOUSLY, is YEARS ahead of Apple there. Not to mention, Apple had to BUY other companies to get their map foundation started. They have a LONG way to go. No need for me to dwell on that. If you dont understand that without me having to go in depth, then you reaaaaally need help.

This is the guy who started the "Google Just Got Clapped" thread regarding maps. The thread is pages and pages of examples on why that is absolutely false, but this guy just doesn't see it. Trust me when I say you are wasting your time here. He finds iOS better than Android/Google in every way possible no matter what evidence to the contrary there may be.

----------

Please don't be solipsistic...

Who's solipsistic, here? You? Because that would be the first time I'd agree with you on any matter. :p

garybUK

Jun 3, 2002
I think the only things apple need to do: 4" screen max (bigger is too big), quad core maybe a5x, new connector with USB 3, enhanced battery and maybe LTE (but not the ridiculousness of the iPad 3 LTE a proper world approved one) oh and 802.11a/n

mbell1975

macrumors 6502a
Mar 17, 2012
Prepare to be let down. There's no way the next iPhone will have any of that but 4G.

I know. Thats why I use Android phones. I have had all those features for years :) I didn't even keep my 4s for a month before going back to Android. If Apple ever decides to step it up and make a real device with a real OS, I will get one.

mbell1975

macrumors 6502a
Mar 17, 2012
The issue is people set their expectations too high.

Yea, I mean expecting Apple to produce a superior product to some $150 LG phone is expecting far too much right? :rolleyes: That LG phone has 4G, a larger screen, SD card slot, removable battery...

batting1000

macrumors 604
Sep 4, 2011
Florida
Yea, I mean expecting Apple to produce a superior product to some $150 LG phone is expecting far too much right? :rolleyes: That LG phone has 4G, a larger screen, SD card slot, removable battery...

Because a battery that Apple will replace for you for free and 64GB isn't enough. High maintenance people...

mrsir2009

macrumors 604
Sep 17, 2009
Melbourne, Australia
Because a battery that Apple will replace for you for free and 64GB isn't enough. High maintenance people...

I don't think it's the fact that 64GB isn't enough, or that Apple won't replace the battery for free... It's that the price of internal memory of iPhones is a rip off, and that the battery can't be swapped around on the go.

batting1000

macrumors 604
Sep 4, 2011
Florida
I don't think it's the fact that 64GB isn't enough, or that Apple won't replace the battery for free... It's that the price of internal memory of iPhones is a rip off, and that the battery can't be swapped around on the go.

You never have to take the battery out. If you need a bigger battery, get a mophie. Otherwise, it pretty much last the whole day with moderate usage.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.