Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

How did you preorder and pay successfully?

• Apple Store App - Checkout (Credit Card)

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Apple Store App - Checkout (Apple Pay)

Votes: 7 41.2%
  • Apple Store App - Checkout (Gift Card)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Apple.com - Credit Card

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Apple.com - Gift Card

• Other

• Total voters

Starfyre

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Nov 7, 2010
Lots of difficulty getting to actually check out. How did you preorder?

ozziegn

macrumors 65816
Aug 16, 2007
Central FL Area
I tried ordering through the Apple store app and the stupid app kept telling me my Apple card billing address was invalid. I then ordered through Apple's website using the same Apple card and it went through. Obviously Apple is having some system issues between their system and Goldman Sachs. At least with me anyways...

abbeybound

macrumors member
Jul 29, 2014
I got my preorder in at 8:05 or so on the app. Paid with apple card, but was never given the option to select monthly payments. Charge isn't showing on the card and when I open the order number from email I get a "something went wrong" message...

joelb727

macrumors regular
Jul 18, 2008
Irvine, CA
I tried ordering through the Apple store app and the stupid app kept telling me my Apple card billing address was invalid. I then ordered through Apple's website using the same Apple card and it went through. Obviously Apple is having some system issues between their system and Goldman Sachs. At least with me anyways...
Same with me. First tried to add both phones and check out in app, got an error saying that i can only have one "carrier" phone in my bag at a time. So deleted my phone and tried to check out. Kept on getting address errors for apple card. But then i suddenly got an email confirmation for my wife's phone.

So i switched to my computer. Bought my phone (pro blue), checked out, but once again, i had card choosing errors. My default apple pay payment is my apple card, but it was auto-selecting another card. I had to manually select the right card and once again select the correct address. My blue phone's order still is not showing a delivery date.

I ended up placing another order for my wife's phone (pro gold) just in case on the computer.

karmamule

macrumors 6502a
Jun 13, 2008
Waltham, MA
Used the store app and Apple Pay w/my apple card. Only hitch was a minute or two delay at the final step of waiting for the payment to process and say "Done".

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.