Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mrjayviper

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 17, 2012
I uploaded an image on my iCloud drive using Finder.

My intention is to access this image on my phone and tablet so I can make it my wallpaper. How do I do it?

thanks

ps. I know I can upload it to a website like photo bucket but I'm trying to learn how to use iCloud drive like Dropbox/Drive.

lagwagon

Suspended
Oct 12, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
I uploaded an image on my iCloud drive using Finder.

My intention is to access this image on my phone and tablet so I can make it my wallpaper. How do I do it?

thanks

ps. I know I can upload it to a website like photo bucket but I'm trying to learn how to use iCloud drive like Dropbox/Drive.

I'm not sure about iOS 8, but in iOS 9 it includes a iCloud Drive app that gives you access to its contents. Hopefully someone can chime in for what to use in iOS 8.

The good news is iOS 9 is only about 6 weeks out from release and you'll be able to use that and not a 3rd party app once available.

Last edited:

Trahearne

macrumors 6502
Oct 6, 2014
The better choice is Photos.app via iCloud Photo Library. Otherwise, with iOS 8, you will have to use apps like Documents 5 to open it, save it to your gallery, and finally set it as wallpaper in Photos.app. iOS 9 has the same process, just that you have an iCloud Drive app as an alternative.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.