Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Gary King

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 14, 2004
Regarding this, how do I enable it in my Safari? I ran those commands in Terminal, but that still didn't work.

Help?

tag

macrumors 6502a
Apr 29, 2005
Well that is the opendarwin webkit page, did you download the most recent webkit to use with Safari before executing that terminal command?

Gary King

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 14, 2004
I thought Web Inspector was bundled with Safari by now? That post on OpenDarwin was a few months ago.

tag

macrumors 6502a
Apr 29, 2005
Gary King said:
I thought Web Inspector was bundled with Safari by now? That post on OpenDarwin was a few months ago.

I'm guessing no (unless you would need to use a different command for using Safari's default webkit, but I couldn't find anything). I tried it in default Safari and it didn't work, but I downloaded todays nightly and it works fine. (It's really pretty neat.)

If you wanted similar functionality in the default Safari (w/o nightly webkit) you could always just enable the debug menu and use the 'DOM tree' I'd figure (though it's not nearly as nice as that new Web Inspector).

Gary King

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 14, 2004
tag said:
I'm guessing no (unless you would need to use a different command for using Safari's default webkit, but I couldn't find anything). I tried it in default Safari and it didn't work, but I downloaded todays nightly and it works fine. (It's really pretty neat.)

If you wanted similar functionality in the default Safari (w/o nightly webkit) you could always just enable the debug menu and use the 'DOM tree' I'd figure (though it's not nearly as nice as that new Web Inspector).
Thanks - the latest nightly did the trick.

How can I get my Safari to use that new WebKit? Because, every time I open up WebKit.app, then it defaults to the WebKit homepage. I'm guessing I have to integrate it with Safari somehow if I want the latest and greatest WebKit (although it is a nightly, so I'm afraid that it might die on me sometime, and I'm not so sure I want to update to a new nightly every single day.)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.