Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hackrabbit

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 14, 2011
Here is my problem that I've been trying to figure out for a week now, so any help would be unbelievably appreciated:

I have made a login screen in html that is hosted on my server that authenticates users and redirects them to their profile page. I am opening up that webpage (just a username/ password field and a login button) in a UIWebView in my iPhone app. I want to have the login button redirect to the menu in my app instead of redirecting to another webpage. How can I do this? Cheers!

jiminaus

macrumors 65816
Dec 16, 2010
Sydney
I have one idea (untested, but theoretically sound). Set up a delegate for your UIWebView and handle webView:shouldStartLoadWithRequest:navigationType:. In that, if the request is for the profile page, transition to your menu instead.

The usual way to do this is to present a login UI instead of load a login webpage. From the login UI, you programmatically make a login HTTP request to your reserve, and then process the response. This recent thread discusses how to send a POST HTTP request.

jnoxx

macrumors 65816
Dec 29, 2010
Aartselaar // Antwerp // Belgium
Or you create webservices, which post back XML/JSON, so you can parse it in a login page. which will save you more headeaches I think.
Save the user as a Singleton user, so u can acces it anywhere (it's info etc.)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.