Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wannabelean

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 18, 2009
I have a browser window open with gmail compose loaded and I can't figure out how to select pictures in the photos app through finder. I'm able to select the pictures in photos but when I click drag them to the safari tab that has gmail compose window to the compose area nothing happens. How do I do this? Thanks in advance for any help you are able to provide.

AllergyDoc

macrumors 68000
Mar 17, 2013
Utah, USA
Dragging and dropping into Gmail doesn't seem to work. You can click on the blue button and select photos just fine, though.

AllergyDoc

macrumors 68000
Mar 17, 2013
Utah, USA
Which blue button?

The one in the middle of the box that pops up when you click on the Add Picture icon. Dragging photos into this box doesn't work but clicking on the Choose Photos to Upload button does.

Attachments

• SS 2015-05-03 at 1.17.22 PM.png
    SS 2015-05-03 at 1.17.22 PM.png
    37.1 KB · Views: 268

wannabelean

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 18, 2009
The one in the middle of the box that pops up when you click on the Add Picture icon. Dragging photos into this box doesn't work but clicking on the Choose Photos to Upload button does.

How do you select pictures from the Photos Library? All the Photos are in the library file right as opposed to regular files?

sampdoria

macrumors regular
Jun 14, 2010
How do you select pictures from the Photos Library? All the Photos are in the library file right as opposed to regular files?

Just drag the picture(s) from Photos to your desktop and then upload with Gmail from there. Or just click the share button in Photos and use the Mail app. And if you are adventurous ,try iCloud Photo Sharing, if you have friends and family on the Apple ecosystem, it is a lot of fun!

utopianbl

macrumors member
Apr 20, 2010
top right there is a + sign. Go to all photos, select the ones you want to organize, and then hit the + button

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.