Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bmac4

macrumors 601
Feb 14, 2013
Atlanta Ga
What videos? I had the iPhone 6S in space grey naked and only accumulated 3 noticeable scratches on the back finish. That will be impossible for the JB. The JB will show micro-abrasions like crazy, but the aluminum matte finish will not.
You are talking about the space grey. That is much different then the matte black of the iPhone 7. I am not saying the JB is not the easiest to scratch, I am just saying your going to notice scratches a lot more on the Matte black then on a rose gold, gold, silver, or space grey phone.

bidwalj

macrumors 65816
Feb 16, 2007
I tried out the ghost armor and hated the feel of it. I'm going back to my sena sleeve to transport but otherwise naked. Had the phone since Monday. No major scratches and nothing that bothers me. Normal wear that's similar to the edges of the older iphones and on the stainless steel watch. The finish doesn't develop deep scratches that don't come out.

laurenbanjo

macrumors member
Sep 15, 2014
My Jet Black iPhone 7 Plus arrived today but the skin I ordered hasn't - I have a few cases but I want to make sure that skin goes on to a super clean brand new phone so the waiting game continues.
At least set it up and do your backup restore on it while the plastic is still on. Then when your skin comes you can use it right away :)

Reactions: kjparfekt

SlowV2

macrumors newbie
Sep 21, 2016
I'll be applying a clear bra that's used on the front of cars. We install them at our shop so I can get a scrap piece to use. Tough as nails, easy to install and will last as long as you own the phone. Peel it off when you're ready and phone will still look brand new.

kjparfekt

macrumors regular
Sep 24, 2012
Washington, DC
I always start fresh - no back up - to remove all the junk I don't use that has accumulated. My photos are backed up on my hard drive, an external drive and google photos. Forces me to consider what apps I actually use and what I downloaded one and then never used again. It can be a slight pain but I take screen shots of my home screens so if there is something I can't remember that jogs my memory. A bit time consuming but I enjoy it.

It's this damn Slickwraps that still hasn't even bothered to ship my order... what's the point of 1-3 day shipping if it doesn't leave your warehouse (spare bedroom) for a week.

ajiuo

macrumors 65816
Apr 9, 2011
I always start fresh - no back up - to remove all the junk I don't use that has accumulated. My photos are backed up on my hard drive, an external drive and google photos. Forces me to consider what apps I actually use and what I downloaded one and then never used again. It can be a slight pain but I take screen shots of my home screens so if there is something I can't remember that jogs my memory. A bit time consuming but I enjoy it.

It's this damn Slickwraps that still hasn't even bothered to ship my order... what's the point of 1-3 day shipping if it doesn't leave your warehouse (spare bedroom) for a week.

I would take the fresh start approach more often if Apple would implement a good system for game save data... it would be cool to have that data sync across devices as well.

laurenbanjo

macrumors member
Sep 15, 2014

I've always started fresh as well but it annoys me not to have my health data and a few other app data transfer (like my gas app that keeps track of how much I've spent on gas all year), so I might consider doing a backup install rather than a fresh install this year. Not sure. Is there a way to start fresh but resync only certain data?

kjparfekt

macrumors regular
Sep 24, 2012
Washington, DC
I've always started fresh as well but it annoys me not to have my health data and a few other app data transfer (like my gas app that keeps track of how much I've spent on gas all year), so I might consider doing a backup install rather than a fresh install this year. Not sure. Is there a way to start fresh but resync only certain data?
I just did a google search and it appears that there is a third party software called Decipher Activity Transfer that will transfer just your health and activity data. The process does seem a bit time consuming so I'm debating if I will try it.

rwkleinjr

macrumors regular
Jul 26, 2010
Picking up my JB today and feel a bit worried that I don't have my wrap from BeskSkinsEver even shipped yet.

I bought a temporary cheap-ish case on Amazon to use in the meantime before I can skin it and use it naked... was hoping Amazon would have some cheap body armor but I only see one option that isn't Prime-eligible.

Maybe leaving the stock protective film on each side can be fashionable for a week...

brauntj

macrumors member
Oct 7, 2014
Chicago, IL
Picking up my JB today and feel a bit worried that I don't have my wrap from BeskSkinsEver even shipped yet.

I bought a temporary cheap-ish case on Amazon to use in the meantime before I can skin it and use it naked... was hoping Amazon would have some cheap body armor but I only see one option that isn't Prime-eligible.

Maybe leaving the stock protective film on each side can be fashionable for a week...

How in the world did you find a JB 7??

ValiumEater

macrumors regular
Dec 14, 2015
Do you really think the matte back is that scratch resistant? Every video I have seen shows it scratching just as easy and being even more noticeable.

I don't look at the back of my phone, just the front. So I don't give two $#*&s about the back, as long as it has a black front.
[doublepost=1474584630][/doublepost]
That's most of us. Certainly me.
Well at least you're honest.

phobic99

macrumors 6502a
Mar 3, 2008

My skin from BSE hasn't shipped either and I haven't heard a word from them. My phone is stuck in Korea though so they have time. o_O

AidenL

macrumors 6502
Jan 19, 2013
Ireland
I think you would be a great ambassador for our products :)
[doublepost=1474452920][/doublepost]
@kellyleekyle
Yes very soon, from 1 of the top tech guys on youtube, when it's done I will post the link for sure.
Hi there,

I have emailed you three times regarding a cancellation and refund on my order placed on Monday last. I have been charged for this.

I haven't had a reply as yet.

Can you please confirm if you have received my emails , and whats the position regarding the refund?

Inf4life

macrumors regular
Jul 6, 2008
Houston, Tx
My skin from BSE hasn't shipped either and I haven't heard a word from them. My phone is stuck in Korea though so they have time. o_O

Same with mine. I ordered a glossy skin from BSE and it says it's supposed to ship next week. Mine is still in Korea and scheduled to be here on Monday. If my BSE doesn't get here by then I plan on just keeping the plastic on it till then.

djn4eva

macrumors regular
Dec 20, 2011
Same with mine. I ordered a glossy skin from BSE and it says it's supposed to ship next week. Mine is still in Korea and scheduled to be here on Monday. If my BSE doesn't get here by then I plan on just keeping the plastic on it till then.

I also ordered the glossy BSE for my Jet Black 7+ and I got an email 9/21 saying it had shipped. Theres no tracking info but it's supposed to take about 5 days. Ive been using my phone naked so far, and you can really only see scratches at certain angles.

JayOhh

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 14, 2016
LA - NYC
I also ordered the glossy BSE for my Jet Black 7+ and I got an email 9/21 saying it had shipped. Theres no tracking info but it's supposed to take about 5 days. Ive been using my phone naked so far, and you can really only see scratches at certain angles.
You mind posting a picture or two of what careful daily use has done to it? One where you can see the scratches and one where you cant?

mook

macrumors member
Mar 6, 2006
I've been using my naked JB 7+ 256 for three days now in my pocket all day, no scratches at all.

2016 09 23 09-19-43.jpg

rwkleinjr

macrumors regular
Jul 26, 2010
I've been using my naked JB 7+ 256 for three days now in my pocket all day, no scratches at all.

View attachment 657933

Looks awesome! I want to rock mine naked all day but am too paranoid about scratches - currently trying to find a set of front and back protectors while I wait forever for my BSE to ship.

Best I can find is the IQ Shield front & back protector, but that wouldn't arrive for at least another week.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.