How do you put TV shows on Ipod???

Discussion in 'iPod' started by Dr. J, Mar 10, 2006.

1. macrumors member

Jan 9, 2006
    I have been trying to do this for a long time. I am totally lost. I was ready to throw the thing out the window. I am glad that DHL came and picked up my PB to have the screen fixed. I have the dvd ripped to the point of done on Hand Brake, but I can not import it to itunes. How on earth do you do this. Does anyone have a step by step process?????? I try to import the whole dvd, but it takes me to a screen of files that I have no idea what they are.
  2. macrumors 68030

Jul 23, 2004
    Melbourne, Australia
  3. macrumors G4

Nov 3, 2005
    use handbrake to load the dvd, then convert it to mpeg 4, this takes a while (about as long as the tv show but depending on how good your mac is, if you have a PowerMac G5 it will be quicker if you have an older mac it will be considerably slower...) and when its done it should have created a file called Movie.mp4 on your desktop... just drag this over the itunes icon in the dock to import it into iTunes.

Hope this helps.
  4. thread starter macrumors member

Jan 9, 2006
    I have read that post alot. I have not seen the movie file on my desk top. I think that the file was in my movie folder. I will have to wait until my PB is returned from apple care.