Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iMacZealot

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Mar 11, 2005
How do you switch between apps?

I typically do the command-tab combo and hide apps using command-h. I've found it to be the quickest way to switch. Plus, I'm a keyboard person, not a mouse person. Always have been, always will be.

I only use Expose when I'm working with FCE or another app that takes up the entire screen.

SkyBell

macrumors 604
Sep 7, 2006
Texas, unfortunately.
I'm trying to use Expose', but after useing Windows for most of my life, I often find myself minimizeing windows and maximizeing.

But at least I'm trying.

iMacZealot

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Mar 11, 2005
I never liked using the Dock because I'm just not a mouse person, and that takes too long.

smueboy

macrumors 6502a
Oct 30, 2006
Oz
I mostly use the dock when using a mouse, or :apple: -tab when i am not using the mouse.

MacNut

macrumors Core
Jan 4, 2002
CT
The only time I use expose is if I have a lot of windows opened and want to find one quick. Otherwise its easier to just dock it.

®îçhå®?

macrumors 68000
Mar 7, 2006
Yup, command tab for me. If i am openig up a new app from the docktop app, i use F11 then clcik. So simple

MongoTheGeek

macrumors 68040
Apple-Tab or I use the scroll wheel depending if I have my hand on the mouse or not. When I want to go to a particular window I use expose. I have all windows mapped to the left side button and the desktop mapped to the right side button. (5 button intellimouse, one of the best things to come from microsoft.)

Sesshi

macrumors G3
Jun 3, 2006
One Nation Under Gordon
I use the app switch in Logitech Setpoint on all my desktops with the Revolution MX. For the most part, quicker than Expose.

Attachments

• switch.jpg
    switch.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 71

Retired
May 16, 2006
I like to mix things up, a little Exposé here, a little Cmd+tab there...living life on the edge!

mrgreen4242

macrumors 601
Feb 10, 2004
Expose almost 100% of the time. I have it mapped to a button on my mouse (I use a Logitech MX500, and have the button right above the scroll wheel for how all windows, and the one below it for show all windows in the current app). I have the lower right corner set as a hot spot for show desktop.

Only thing I wish is that when I did a show all windows in the current app while using Firefox it would break apart all the tabs and show me them!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.