Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

puddle27

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 27, 2006
And what is one looking for in the test? I asked before but no one answered:(

puddle27

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 27, 2006
thanks...did it. but i still don't know what i am looking for. i see very faint lines in the gradient test. is that bad banding? or is some expected? but most importantly, is that what i am looking for?

iW00t

macrumors 68040
Nov 7, 2006
Defenders of Apple Guild
thanks...did it. but i still don't know what i am looking for. i see very faint lines in the gradient test. is that bad banding? or is some expected? but most importantly, is that what i am looking for?

You are just a "Macrumors newbie" looking for a problem.

Pretty much most machines are affected, if you are not troubled by it you should just let it be. If you don't even know what to look for why fuss over it?

puddle27

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 27, 2006
You are just a "Macrumors newbie" looking for a problem.

Pretty much most machines are affected, if you are not troubled by it you should just let it be. If you don't even know what to look for why fuss over it?

just learning and looking into things. i'm not even keeping this one due to uneven backlighting (remember, you asked me about it on another thread). but now i am seeing how far the bad screen goes. i played a movie in imovie and saw some lines in some graphics. wondering if that is just part of the image or poor display.

Are "Macrumors newbies" not allowed to know about color banding? it's just a simple question and i don't see why newbies are not allowed to know.

livingfortoday

macrumors 68030
Nov 17, 2004
The Msp
Are "Macrumors newbies" not allowed to know about color banding? it's just a simple question and i don't see why newbies are not allowed to know.

Pay the $25 and they'll tell you. :D Not that I've paid... yet!

But seriously, I think the other poster just meant that if you don't see the problem, why go looking for it?

puddle27

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 27, 2006
wow, no one answered my question. so basically everyone here is a smug *******, who looks down at those who are 'new' to macs, or in this case, color banding. "NO!! You are not allowed to know! We are better than you!!"

This place is full of Mac-Nazi's

I just do not understand :confused: :confused: :confused:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.