Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

yosi199

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 12, 2010
I have a mbp2010 13" and I was wondering how good can it handle my logic works which includs at least 10 midi synths and a few plugs on each?

ChrisA

macrumors G5
Jan 5, 2006
Redondo Beach, California
I have a mbp2010 13" and I was wondering how good can it handle my logic works which includs at least 10 midi synths and a few plugs on each?

I lot depends on what the MIDI tracks are and the amount of polyphony. 10 tracks of a piano concerto played through a Pianteq AU would likely crash most Macs

You question is like asking "How many boxes can I fit in my Honda Accord" The answer is "It depends on the size of the boxes and what's inside of them."

But if these are all simple, ten of them is nothing, don't worry. I did a test once and my 2.16Ghz mac with 3GB RAM can handle dozens of tracks but it was just the built in sampled instruments and a single line of notes.

Even if you did tax the system you can always "bounce" some tracks to WAV format and free up much CPU time. In years past you just had to always do that.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.