Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bleimone

macrumors member
Jan 6, 2004
Hello,

You're the only other website that I have seen use this type of search box besides apple.com. I have been dying to know how to implement such a search box. Can you point me into the right direction?

Attachments

• Picture 1.png
    Picture 1.png
    2.2 KB · Views: 204

P3T3R

macrumors newbie
Mar 5, 2007
Help!

How do you put a custom logo into that theme, like your tominated? I really dig it, but the only way I can get it to show my logo is by editing the html, please could you tell me if there is an easier way. My site is at http://p3t3r.co.uk

wmmk

macrumors 68020
Mar 28, 2006
The Library.
site's nice and clean, but I'm astonished by the browser! It really is incredibly fast and uses like no CPU or RAM! granted, safari is much more full featured, but I'll use yours whenever I'm running Lightroom, Bridge, Photoshop, Photomatix, ImageWell, and all of my other photo apps at once! With tabbed browsing and an open plug in architecture, Tominated could become my daily browser!

BTW, how do you get it to look so cool? I love the simple UI!

MiniMan.

macrumors regular
Jan 2, 2007
UK
I just wanted to know how you like my new site. You can check it out here. Sorry, but IE5.5 to IE6 don't render it properly. Just to let you know, it was made in rapidweaver. Tominated.

PS. I finally got my own domain and a paid host!:D

Very stylish, Looks good and Navigates well, Good Job :)

shecky

May 24, 2003
Obviously you're not a golfer.
you understand that this is a theme, right? he did not do anything but put his logo in and add some content. so he did not do anything to make it look simple and elegant at all. no more than this guy did.

sorry, but asking for a critique of a premade theme is a waste of time at best.

Benjamin

macrumors 6502a
Oct 27, 2003
Portland, OR
Hello,

You're the only other website that I have seen use this type of search box besides apple.com. I have been dying to know how to implement such a search box. Can you point me into the right direction?

<input type="search" placeholder="" autosave="" results=""/>

webcore specifically uses these to get that effect, but only works with webcore and doesn't validate. personally i use it... also macupdate does. more info here.

you understand that this is a theme, right? he did not do anything but put his logo in and add some content. so he did not do anything to make it look simple and elegant at all. no more than this guy did.

sorry, but asking for a critique of a premade theme is a waste of time at best.

hhaha pwnt

Sdashiki

macrumors 68040
Aug 11, 2005
Behind the lens
Please re-read this thread, it has been mentioned this is not truly a web design critique, but more of a usability critique.

if you didnt design the site, you cant ask for feedback on it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.