Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sportsfrk214

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 18, 2007
There have been several webapps with Tetris, but they were all based on these weird arrows and they sucked. I want to buy Tetris, but I'm hesitant to spend $10 and have it not be good. Can anyone who has this game tell me how the controls work with the touch screen?

metsfan121

macrumors newbie
Jul 1, 2008
Really fun app
Controls are:
tap left to rotate clockwise
tap to the right of the shape to rotate counter clockwise
drag it with your finger left and right to move it

swipe down with your finger for the hard landing (up on a traditional cell phone pad)

for me, it took some time to get used to. i could get to the 20s on my old cell

so far i haven't got past level 12, but then again, i'm not that great at tetris....

they have a tutorial once you buy it, if you still don't fully understand

Shot22

macrumors regular
Jul 6, 2008
In my opinion, graphics are stunning. Also, I love the controls....very easy to learn. It's the first paid app I got.

noty

macrumors member
Sep 7, 2005
It's my favorite game I've downloaded so far.

It's my favorite game I've downloaded so far. Actually I think all of the EA games are good.

findnemo

macrumors regular
Jul 28, 2006
Tetris is absolutely amazing. I love the slam down feature where you flick it down and it just slams.

Highly addictive. Out of all the games I bought I love Tetris the most.

MikeyTree

macrumors 6502
Jan 5, 2007
I'm actually a little disappointed how they show you how your piece will fit. That was one of the challenges from the original - trying to imagine how it will fit with the rest of the board as it's coming down.
That can be turned off.

iPhone envy

macrumors member
Mar 14, 2008
Berkeley, CA
Wait If You Can

EA Announced a tetris comming out soon. Something along the lines of regular gameplay, plus the ability to draw the next peice and have that show up on the screen.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.