Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jayb2000

macrumors 6502a
Apr 18, 2003
RI -> CA -> ME
depends on who I'm with :D

Can't belive no one else said that. I know there was a "thinking of", but that is not as much fun.

Probably 5 min, maybe 10 if I really want to soak in the heat (or cool) for a minute.

No one mentioned the <insert ethnic slur> shower, where all you do is put on deoderant and a clean shirt. :eek:

dcv

macrumors G3
May 24, 2005
Applespider said:
Given the physical eyeful they got after the picnic at the gates, I'm sure it doesn't add much new! :eek:

That was just a privileged few ;)

blackfox

macrumors 65816
Feb 18, 2003
PDX
My (morning) showers usually last enough to brew a full pot of coffee.

As someone who is a terrible morning-person, I have a routine down.

1. Get up.
2. Shuffle to kitchen and put on coffee
3. Shuffle to bathroom and get in shower, which is set to "super hot".
4. Stand motionless with head under spray for about a minute to feel alive.
5. Wash, rinse, repeat.
6. Turn shower all the way to cold, brace for impact, then dance around my shower in some sort of epiliptic fit.
7. Towel off, pad to kitchen and pour coffee.
8. Sit down in my Living room and drink coffee (sometimes have a smoke).
9. Now reasonably awake, I go back to the bathroom to style hair, shave etc.
10. Then finish coffee.

I am usually up a good two hours prior to leaving the house in the morning. Some might say I lose too much sleep, but I am so slow-going in the AM, that I need to ease into the day, or my whole day will be thrown off...

crazycat

macrumors 65816
Dec 5, 2005
Showering - 5-6 mins (once in a blue moon 10-15 mins)
Drying off - 2-3 mins
Putting my shorts and t-**** - 20-30 secs
Putting my contacts - 2 mins (sometimes more because of lense)

On most days i take my time and get ready in about 20 mins but if i need to go fast i can manage all that in 5-6 mins.

SuperSnake2012

macrumors 6502a
Oct 11, 2005
NY
10 minutes, 15 tops. I just get my business done and get out. In the winter I can stay in up to 30 minutes because I love the feeling of warm water when it's cold :eek: . I also brush my teeth in the shower so that adds a few minutes.

true777

macrumors 6502a
Dec 30, 2000
California, Austria, Arkansas
15 minutes.

Wash hair, rinse, condition hair, wash whole body with liquid body wash, and face with facial cleansing gel (both while conditioner is still on hair), then rinse face, body and hair off simultaneously.

killuminati

macrumors 68020
Dec 6, 2004
If I'm in a rush I can take one in as little as 15 minutes.

Usually I like to relax though so I'll take about 30-45.

SamIchi

macrumors 68030
Aug 1, 2004
Usually 5-10 mins. Depending on how I feel, I might take a little longer, but I can be in and out in less than 5 mins. There isn't much to do really, Shampoo, lather body, rinse, BAM, you're done! My friends and family always say I take quick showers. There's no point of staying inthere too long.

mad jew

Moderator emeritus
Apr 3, 2004
Adelaide, Australia
I only shower when my stench has become so incredibly overbearing that my nose sucks back into my face.

Works out to three hour showers, every second day.

mkrishnan

Moderator emeritus
Jan 9, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI, USA
I'm one of the long shower offenders. :( My morning shower is like 10-15 minutes + 10 minutes to shave and so on... about a half hour altogether in the bathroom. :eek:

Of course, no one fighting me for shower time (or begging to join me) here....

Oh, and I've recently taken to taking 30 minute baths every third or fourth day.... Just for additional relaxation. *loves bath fizzers* :eek:

SamIchi

macrumors 68030
Aug 1, 2004
mkrishnan said:
Oh, and I've recently taken to taking 30 minute baths every third or fourth day.... Just for additional relaxation. *loves bath fizzers* :eek:

I've never understood the bath. Yea it's relaxing, but it seems like such a waste to time. Just my opinion.

mad jew

Moderator emeritus
Apr 3, 2004
Adelaide, Australia
Yeah, I've never really understood baths either but my tub's too small so that's probably my problem. They seem pretty relaxing, not that it'd be healthy for me to be any more relaxed. :eek:

cycocelica

macrumors 68000
Apr 28, 2005
Redmond, WA
10-15 minutes. My mom always yells that I take too long, which I probably do. I have taken much shorter showers but I love the warm water.

Its usually longer if a girl is with me.:eek:

auxplage

macrumors 6502
Nov 11, 2004
Virginia Beach
You all make me feel like a little princess. :D

I am a guy with long hair, and it takes me around twenty minutes if I am shampoooing and conditioning. Then I must exfoliate and wash my precious face. After the shower, moisturizer must be applied.

If I am shaving beforehand and brushing teeth, then the total time comes to at least thirty minutes. :eek:

One can also add in drying, putting in contacts, and messing with hair into the above, so it may be near forty minutes.

I really try to hurry, and when I do, I shave off literally two or three minutes. I HAVE NO idea how one is able to shower in less than five minutes AND be completely clean. I presume that we all have different levels of cleanliness, no offense; it is because I am just obsessive compulsive. :)

Chundles

macrumors G5
Jul 4, 2005
auxplage said:
You all make me feel like a little princess...
-SNIP- :D

Yep, definite princess material there.

Soap + hot water = clean. (2 minutes)
Shampoo/conditioner all in one + hot water = hair clean. (2 minutes)
Scratching. (1 minute)

All up, 5 minutes. Dead-set easy.

Add another 5 if you need to shave.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.