Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

FalcorTheDog

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 17, 2005
I want to "be in possession" of my PowerBook by June 25, so that I qualify for the $100 education rebate... if I order online, how long does it usually take to ship? Will I get it in time? I only have about a week left. Would I be better off going into a store and purchasing my PB? Also, if I do that... can I get it customized (i.e. 128MB upgraded VRAM) in store? Thanks in advance.

sw1tcher

macrumors 603
Jan 6, 2004
FalcorTheDog said:
I want to "be in possession" of my PowerBook by June 25, so that I qualify for the $100 education rebate... if I order online, how long does it usually take to ship? Will I get it in time?

If it's a stock config, then it only takes a few days. A week at the most.

Also, if I do that... can I get it customized (i.e. 128MB upgraded VRAM) in store?

Nope. Only a BTO via the online store.

simon-says

macrumors regular
May 24, 2005
Louisiana
I ordered mine on the 12th(Sunday). It shipped late on the 15th(Wednesday), so didn't leave till the 16th (Thursday). Arrived in my city on the 18th (yesterday/Saturday), all the way from China. Scheduled for delivery on the 21st(Tuesday). Tried to pick it up yesterday but I wasn't able to. Going to try to get it tomorrow, if not I'll just wait till Tuesday.

doppelganger

macrumors member
Jun 15, 2005
imagine nation
i ordered my powerbook thursday night over the 800 number. the rep told me i that i would get the $100 back because the order would ship before the 25th.

from the rebate terms & conditions
and take possession of qualifying product from May 2, 2005, through June 25, 2005.Products ordered but not shipped prior to the end date of the offer do not qualify for a rebate.

but from what i gather from the fine print the 30 day limit to get the rebate back to them starts when you order the item. not when you receive it.

The envelope enclosing your completed original serialized request coupon, proof of purchase, and UPC/bar code label must be postmarked within 30 days of your purchase date. Late submissions are not valid.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.