How long to ship a PowerBook?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by FalcorTheDog, Jun 18, 2005.

1. FalcorTheDog macrumors member

I want to "be in possession" of my PowerBook by June 25, so that I qualify for the $100 education rebate... if I order online, how long does it usually take to ship? Will I get it in time? I only have about a week left. Would I be better off going into a store and purchasing my PB? Also, if I do that... can I get it customized (i.e. 128MB upgraded VRAM) in store? Thanks in advance.

2. sw1tcher macrumors 65816

sw1tcher

If it's a stock config, then it only takes a few days. A week at the most.

Nope. Only a BTO via the online store.

3. ctsport1234 macrumors regular

4. pulsewidth947 macrumors 65816

pulsewidth947

Mine took about 3 days to BTO, then 1 week to ship here in the UK.

5. drbrog macrumors member

It took about 3 days for them to ship my BTO powerbook.
    Better hurry!

Enjoy!

6. simon-says macrumors regular

I ordered mine on the 12th(Sunday). It shipped late on the 15th(Wednesday), so didn't leave till the 16th (Thursday). Arrived in my city on the 18th (yesterday/Saturday), all the way from China. Scheduled for delivery on the 21st(Tuesday). Tried to pick it up yesterday but I wasn't able to. Going to try to get it tomorrow, if not I'll just wait till Tuesday.

7. orijinal macrumors 6502

orijinal

8. doppelganger macrumors member

doppelganger

i ordered my powerbook thursday night over the 800 number. the rep told me i that i would get the $100 back because the order would ship before the 25th.

from the rebate terms & conditions
    but from what i gather from the fine print the 30 day limit to get the rebate back to them starts when you order the item. not when you receive it.