Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pete78

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 14, 2011
Hi all,

So the HD in my maxed out 2012 iMac was DOA. I had originally ordered from the Apple Store, online. I was sent to my local Apple Store by AppleCare after they could not troubleshoot the HD problems and it was clear it was a physical problem.

A return process has been started by my local Apple Store (they placed the order for the new iMac) over a week ago. I have not heard anything from them since. Does anyone have any experience with this process? Does Apple give manufacturing priority for replacement orders or should I assume mid-March delivery like everyone else? The local Apple Store had no clue as to timing, just that the "process has begun".

I wanted to get more info from these boards, before I go to the local Apple Store in person and get to the bottom of it.

Thanks.

martinm0

macrumors 6502a
Feb 27, 2010
My replacements have been taking about 2 weeks total. Once its shipped it comes almost overnight, so be prepared that the estimate you'll be given usually is a day or two later than when it arrives (that's been the case with mine). I've had 2 replacements (3 iMacs total) and I still have issues. Apple will not send me another one, and is forcing me to get a refund (which is sad since they already gave me $250 back for all the issues, so I'd really like to keep it). I'm in VT and have no Apple store, which is what they want me to do next, but that's just not an option.

LCD

macrumors member
Dec 28, 2012
USA
Hi all,

So the HD in my maxed out 2012 iMac was DOA. I had originally ordered from the Apple Store, online. I was sent to my local Apple Store by AppleCare after they could not troubleshoot the HD problems and it was clear it was a physical problem.

A return process has been started by my local Apple Store (they placed the order for the new iMac) over a week ago. I have not heard anything from them since. Does anyone have any experience with this process? Does Apple give manufacturing priority for replacement orders or should I assume mid-March delivery like everyone else? The local Apple Store had no clue as to timing, just that the "process has begun".

I wanted to get more info from these boards, before I go to the local Apple Store in person and get to the bottom of it.

Thanks.

I returned a 21.5" 2012 iMac with an Apple prepaid label December 18. The replacement arrived December 26. I returned the replacement January 2 and received a refund January 17.

1934hotrod

macrumors regular
Jan 27, 2013
Woodstock
My replacements have been taking about 2 weeks total. Once its shipped it comes almost overnight, so be prepared that the estimate you'll be given usually is a day or two later than when it arrives (that's been the case with mine). I've had 2 replacements (3 iMacs total) and I still have issues. Apple will not send me another one, and is forcing me to get a refund (which is sad since they already gave me $250 back for all the issues, so I'd really like to keep it). I'm in VT and have no Apple store, which is what they want me to do next, but that's just not an option.

Whoa! 2 out of 3 belly up, and #3 on its way out, not a very good track record for that product, Sorry to here that.

Greg

martinm0

macrumors 6502a
Feb 27, 2010
Whoa! 2 out of 3 belly up, and #3 on its way out, not a very good track record for that product, Sorry to here that.

Greg

Thanks. My issues hac been with Target Display Mode not working so I wonder how many others have this issue and just don't know it yet. Plus had some pretty horrible image retention on the last two as well. I really love the machine but I'm just not sure what's happening with Apple's quality lately.

AndiS.

macrumors regular
Dec 16, 2012
Hi all,

Thanks.

I'm awaiting my 4th replacement, which was ordered 1 1/2 weeks ago. Before I received replacements within 1 1/2 weeks, but today the rep told me that it's expected to ship out on the 25th, supposedly because they can't keep up with production. I'll talk to my Apple Care case worker about this, see if he can expedite it again. I've been fairly patient so far, and I really appreciate Apple's level of service, but now it's starting to get frustrating, especially since they send me the wrong model for the last replacement. They've had delivery delays ever since, and I'm not buying that it should take that longs this time, my original order shipped faster than this.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.